Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > NJ Senator's true view of gun owners revealed by Hot Mic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1698 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 3474

Default NJ Senator's true view of gun owners revealed by Hot Mic!

New Jersey residents this needs to be addressed!

http://www.pagunblog.com/2013/05/10/confiscate-confiscate-confiscate/

From ANJRPC. I’m forced to swipe their whole release because they don’t provide links:

Quote:
NJ SENATORS’ TRUE VIEW OF GUN OWNERS REVEALED BY HOT MICROPHONE FOLLOWING YESTERDAY’S HEARING

Call the Senate Majority Office Immediately to Express Your Outrage

And Demand That Monday’s Bill Package be Held

An astute person listening to the official audio recording of yesterday’s Senate Budget and Appropriations Committee hearing noticed that the official recording continued following conclusion of the hearing. The discussion that was caught, apparently among several senators and staff, is outrageous, and reveals legislators’ true view of gun owners.

A YouTube video with an excerpt of that recording has been posted here. The following lines can be heard in the recording:

“We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate.”

“They [gun owners] want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don’t have any regulations to do it.”

“They don’t care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”

“That’s the line they’ve developed.”

The discussion appears to be among Senator Loretta Weinberg (D37), Senator Sandra Cunningham (D31), Senator Linda Greenstein(D14), and at least one member of Senate Democratic staff.

This discussion can also clearly be heard at the end of the official audio recording, beginning at 1:52:30, currently available here (find Thursday, May 9 from the menu, then click “listen”). It is possible that the official recording will be sanitized following release of this alert, and the official YouTube video could be deleted, so be sure to listen to it promptly.

The discussion reveals absolute contempt for the Second Amendment and those who exercise it, as well as complete ignorance of the fact that gun rights organizations like ANJRPC have long advocated for clear and specific legislation punishing criminals who misuse firearms, instead of misguided legislation (like the bills currently being pushed by Senate Democrats) that demonizes hardware. Senator Loretta Weinberg is the chief proponent of the anti-gun legislation being moved through the Senate.

In advance of Monday’s full Senate floor vote, please immediately call AND fax the Senate Majority Office, tell them you are outraged by the misguided, disparaging, and clueless comments of those pushing the anti-gun bill package, and demand that Senate Democratic leadership hold the entire package of anti-gun bills currently scheduled for consideration by the full Senate on Monday, May 13.

SENATE MAJORITY OFFICE

Phone: 609-847-3700

Fax: 609-633-7254

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1339 Times on 681 Posts
Likes Given: 987

"All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them"

Damn right, and big guns too.

Stay smart, stay motivated, stay dangerous
People Like This 
Old 05-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #3

Liked 192 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I'll vote for that....

Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You don't know how bad these legislators are in NJ. When the assembly had hearings they started to vote and then were going to let people discuss the bills after they voted. When the Senate law hearings took place they basically ignored any pro 2nd speakers. It is a total disgrace that the public is letting these clowns control our lives.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

This is so sickening. I hesitate to say that I'm appalled only because based on all the BS that they have been slinging it has to come from a childish personal place. And well these people showed it.

I would hope that whether their constituents are for or against these representatives' opinions, that they get booted out of office for the simple fact that they are acting out of manipulation and not from fact.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6745 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Good thing they don't have a microphone in front of me to hear my opinion of politicians!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1141 Times on 558 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Sadly gun owners and others in New Jersey elected these turds. They have to now go out and remove them in the next election. If they cannot, it unfortunately is democracy and they are screwed. I agree they are using flawed logic, fear of the unknown, "I am smarter then you."

Unless Garden Staters get their stuff together, and vote these turds and that foux Republican Governor out, I am predicting they will be the next state to ban hunting, and all gun ownership.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 
Old 05-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1941 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 2889

Quote:
Sadly gun owners and others in New Jersey elected these turds.
Bingo!!!

i ran job sites in NJ in 96, 97 and 98. Corruption in NJ is not equalled in the other 18 states where i ran job sites. Fact: Guns and Second Amendment rights are not important to the majority of NJ voters. The same can be said for most of the northeast US where the US Constitution has taken a back seat to political expediency. When it comes to gun rights nothing in NJ is going to change any time soon, if ever.

Fact: Gun rights almost always take a back seat to promises of free stuff.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

I'm from New York State my Brothers from New Jersey,and I know many of you as good people,I hunted Buck and fished for Shark with many of you guys.

I as you have no interest in crack/drugs,drive by shooting,hoods,gangs nor prostitution.

But I as you must suffer for acts of others in the Minority Society that the above is a way of Life,heck Cuomo made a Felon out of me,my Sons and Grandchildren,with the stroke of a pen we are an assult Family now.

We Must Stand As One America!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #10

Liked 169 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I was stationed at Ft. Dix and heard all kinds of horror stories about how the military was treated off base so I stayed on base and only went off base one time, that was when I left for reassignment to Germany.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln