NJ Governor Christie=anti-gun - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

NJ Governor Christie=anti-gun

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 02:36 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3487 Times on 1781 Posts
Likes Given: 5398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I like the Jindal candidacy. We are minority challenged, let's face it. I detest even talking this way, but can't hide from this stupid reality.

I don't think the Democrats will be able to get him on his Louisiana origin, this s### backfires (especially at them). If he himself is clean, he has a lot going for him. He is a friend of the NRA.
Amen, and Walker has an A+ NRA rating. I think we are going to have a good batch of candidates....At this point, im not liking Christie, Paul, or Rubio so much...but a long way to go...I'm really looking foreward to the Primaries....But im a nerd....

Old 06-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4660 Times on 3140 Posts
Likes Given: 2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Amen, and Walker has an A+ NRA rating. I think we are going to have a good batch of candidates....At this point, im not liking Christie, Paul, or Rubio so much...but a long way to go...I'm really looking foreward to the Primaries....But im a nerd....
That's the best. If we are open minded, we can consolidate behind one candidate who can win.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #43

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
The problem is, John my deer, there is no 'middle' anymore. The progressives have won so many of the battles our backs are against the wall, we can't 'give' any more or we will be one of them!!!
Jim democrats have had control of NC for well over 100 years. In just a few years the republican party has made everyone mad, even a lot of hard core republicans. You can't give corporations a free ride without a reduction in services. We have the some of the lowest paid teachers in the country. Pay is so low in the state crime lab that murder suspects are set free without a trial because the evidence can't be processed fast enough to meet the speedy trial requirements. Judges are giving the state two years to get their case prepared before they are turning people loose. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

You can't pass massive tax cuts without a plan to reduce spending first. I am just a stupid redneck but I can figure that much out. Then the legislature blames everyone but themselves for the mess. In turn the legislature levies sales taxes and fees on everything. 90% of this projected sales tax revenue is not going to be collected. How are they going to chase every lawn service down to collect sales tax? Many of the businesses they expect to collect sales tax from are cash businesses. The state would lose money trying to enforce these taxes.

Every Monday hundreds of protestors are arrested for disturbing the general assembly. Every person they arrest is costing the republican party dozens of votes.

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-27-2014 at 02:44 AM.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:57 AM   #44
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2109 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 4544

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Since you brought it up..... Who do you guys think will be in the running...? I ass-u-me

Chris Christie
Marco Rubio
Rand Paul
Ted Cruze

Also "rumored"

Jeb Bush
Bobby Jindal
Paul Ryan

Any others.....And Who are you leaning towards right now....?
When I search the web and regarding who has actually said they will run in 2016. So far none have said "Yes", when asked from any of the main stream media outlets, more of tap dance than answer and/or after the mid-term election.

What also sends a cold chill down the spine, even the democratic side is doing the same thing. Normally, the democratic Presidential runners are already announced.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 06-27-2014, 05:08 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
When I search the web and regarding who has actually said they will run in 2016. So far none have said "Yes", when asked from any of the main stream media outlets, more of tap dance than answer and/or after the mid-term election.

What also sends a cold chill down the spine, even the democratic side is doing the same thing. Normally, the democratic Presidential runners are already announced.
If a candidate announced his intentions now he would have to start campaigning now. Very few candidates in history have ever announced their intentions this early. Right now up until the last minute to declare a candidates intentions potential candidates are going to see if they can raise enough money to finance a campaign. There is also going to be a lot of jockeying for proven campaign staff and management. If a candidate cannot raise enough money and hire the right people there is no need in running.

You can expect candidates to start announcing their intentions in the spring of 2015. Making an announcement any earlier is just a waste of resources.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4660 Times on 3140 Posts
Likes Given: 2350

Most of campaign spending is a waste of resources. Like an arms race where both sides cancel each other out. I grudgingly accept it... Because without public fundraising only billionaires would get elected. But I would like to see a Republican candidate who is against handing taxpayer funds to all comers.

Immigration will be the hot button issue, like abortion used to be. Until now the American Housewife cared little. The "child invasion" changed that. I expect She will be heard this time. The AH ultimately decides all elections.

Last edited by Mercator; 06-27-2014 at 12:31 PM.

Old 06-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_occupied_territory View Post
Ann Coulter probably likes him due to his symbolic attacks on the public workers in NJ as well as their pensions and not for his views on guns, Mercator, could you please tell us a more anti-2A state than NJ, even in CA many are able to get Carry Permits depending on your location, in NJ all, yes ALL ordinary citizens are denied their constitutional rights. As a matter of fact possession of ALL firearms including BB guns are illegal in public unless you are traveling to a range or a place of repair that has registered with the state police, I think even Puerto Rico recently went shall issue. He has not done anything to correct this injustice. please go the links I included and read his history of corruption with Christie and go to NJgunforms.com to read NJ gun information. He will not do gun owners any favors if elected president so lets try to select a constitutionalist as the democratic challenger. "Chris Christie, The Democrats best kept secret!"
Maybe I haven't been paying attention lately, but it seems Ann Coulter has
lost a lot of her earlier enthusiasm for Christie. It's plain, in my view at least,
that Christie is definitely a RINO. There's no way I'll vote for him in a primary
election.

GeorgiaCarry.Org (GCO)

Old 06-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #48

Really Christie is in a damned if you do and a damned if you don't position. If he veto's bills when his veto will be over ridden he loses political capital (See Barrack Obama). If he signs the bills even though he disagrees with the bill he can ask for others to do something for him they don't agree with. By avoiding conflicts Christie cannot win he avoids a stalemate situation.

All and all we really don't know if Christie is anti gun. He hasn't been in a position to get anything positive for gun owners done. I would be more inclined to call Reagan or Baby Bush anti gun than Christie. Both of them were in a position to have gun laws repealed. What did we get? Star wars and a decade of soldiers dying for a bunch... I will stop right here before I say something that will get me in trouble or on a NSA list.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2344 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Jim democrats have had control of NC for well over 100 years. In just a few years the republican party has made everyone mad, even a lot of hard core republicans. You can't give corporations a free ride without a reduction in services. We have the some of the lowest paid teachers in the country. Pay is so low in the state crime lab that murder suspects are set free without a trial because the evidence can't be processed fast enough to meet the speedy trial requirements. Judges are giving the state two years to get their case prepared before they are turning people loose. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

You can't pass massive tax cuts without a plan to reduce spending first. I am just a stupid redneck but I can figure that much out. Then the legislature blames everyone but themselves for the mess. In turn the legislature levies sales taxes and fees on everything. 90% of this projected sales tax revenue is not going to be collected. How are they going to chase every lawn service down to collect sales tax? Many of the businesses they expect to collect sales tax from are cash businesses. The state would lose money trying to enforce these taxes.

Every Monday hundreds of protestors are arrested for disturbing the general assembly. Every person they arrest is costing the republican party dozens of votes.
Exactly, enough is enough. It has got to change. We should rate all of our legislators by how many laws they repeal and how much they cut the budgets of the 'regulatory' agencies and entitlements.
Doing the 'RIGHT' thing is usually doing the hard thing. Doing the WRONG think is usually the easy way!

Old 06-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #50

Liked 228 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 25

It's not just NJ. the current crop and past of Republicans are about raising taxes to buy support and dollars, from Developers and other big Business Interests. I kept looking for a bright light among Republicans but so far all I've seen is pablum fed to us in just enough of a dose to get us to vote for them over Democrats. Once elected, it is about enriching themselves and overturning regulations and raising taxes.

Closed Thread