NJ Governor Christie=anti-gun
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

NJ Governor Christie=anti-gun

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Default NJ Governor Christie=anti-gun

I am writing to as many states gun forums as I can find to plead with all freedom loving Americans to reject NJ Governor Christopher Christie and his anti-gun agenda . As a lifelong gun owning conservative free thinker it must be put out to the rest of the United States the truth about Gov Christie and guns.
Currently NJ has the most restrictions on the second amendment in the country and Christie has not done one thing to correct the infringements on our rights and only "blames" everyone else for our plight. It's true he didn't create our problems but he has done nothing to fix it. The first action he could have taken would have been to appoint a constitutional conservative as our Attorney General but what does he do, He appoints a radical left wing anti-gun county prosecutor Paula Dow from Essex County the hub of most crime in NJ, Newark. This was for a political quid pro quo payback and this is what you can expect from him on everything.
Currently we are awaiting him to veto a 10 round magazine limit that the anti-freedom NJ legislators recently passed, One has to wonder why didn't he veto it the second it hit his desk, he has until July 7th to veto it or it becomes law. and even if he does veto the bill he is only vetoing it because of his future political aspirations and not for constitutional reasons.
Just the other day (this is a good one) a judge in Sussex County told a carry permit applicant when this judge denied his permit ( applicant owns a check cashing business) to "get another job or hire a security firm" this could have been avoided if Christie put a constitutionalist in as Attorney General. NJ is considered a "may issue" state yet one has to be a senator, congressman or politically elite to get one, in fact there are only about 1,100 issued statewide.
[URL="http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/66071-update-on-right-to-carry-appeals-case-almeida-vs-sussex-co/"]
Chris Christie throughout his political career has been anti gun and has operated in true "Soprano" NJ "MO" [http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/14/140414fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all]
As much as the true conservatives in NJ would love to see him out of this state as soon as possible and replaced with a constitutional conservative. Please pass the word about this fraud conservative and help keep him from being the republican challenger in 2016.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3701 Times on 1782 Posts
Likes Given: 1816

NJ,

Duly Noted!

He would not get my vote anyway! He is too close to the mainstream corrupt politicians that are presently in power today. We need a "House Cleaning" in the USA regardless of party affiliation! Hope all will take your words of advice!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy
People Like This 
Old 06-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #3

Liked 3504 Times on 1789 Posts
Likes Given: 5435

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_occupied_territory View Post
I am writing to as many states gun forums as I can find to plead with all freedom loving Americans to reject NJ Governor Christopher Christie and his anti-gun agenda . As a lifelong gun owning conservative free thinker it must be put out to the rest of the United States the truth about Gov Christie and guns.
Currently NJ has the most restrictions on the second amendment in the country and Christie has not done one thing to correct the infringements on our rights and only "blames" everyone else for our plight. It's true he didn't create our problems but he has done nothing to fix it. The first action he could have taken would have been to appoint a constitutional conservative as our Attorney General but what does he do, He appoints a radical left wing anti-gun county prosecutor Paula Dow from Essex County the hub of most crime in NJ, Newark. This was for a political quid pro quo payback and this is what you can expect from him on everything.
Currently we are awaiting him to veto a 10 round magazine limit that the anti-freedom NJ legislators recently passed, One has to wonder why didn't he veto it the second it hit his desk, he has until July 7th to veto it or it becomes law. and even if he does veto the bill he is only vetoing it because of his future political aspirations and not for constitutional reasons.
Just the other day (this is a good one) a judge in Sussex County told a carry permit applicant when this judge denied his permit ( applicant owns a check cashing business) to "get another job or hire a security firm" this could have been avoided if Christie put a constitutionalist in as Attorney General. NJ is considered a "may issue" state yet one has to be a senator, congressman or politically elite to get one, in fact there are only about 1,100 issued statewide.
[URL="http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/66071-update-on-right-to-carry-appeals-case-almeida-vs-sussex-co/"]
Chris Christie throughout his political career has been anti gun and has operated in true "Soprano" NJ "MO" [http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/04/14/140414fa_fact_lizza?currentPage=all]
As much as the true conservatives in NJ would love to see him out of this state as soon as possible and replaced with a constitutional conservative. Please pass the word about this fraud conservative and help keep him from being the republican challenger in 2016.
Thank You, iv'e been trying to watch the mag ban issue in NJ, but its hard to find anything on it...Just this morning i asked about it in the NJ State section on this Forum. Please let us know what happens....And Welcome to the forum...

Old 06-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #4

Liked 3504 Times on 1789 Posts
Likes Given: 5435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
NJ,

Duly Noted!

He would not get my vote anyway! He is too close to the mainstream corrupt politicians that are presently in power today. We need a "House Cleaning" in the USA regardless of party affiliation! Hope all will take your words of advice!

I agree....."Operation flush the toilet ". Problem is...Most Americans are not happy with our Legislators in general...But like theirs...so nothing will change.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4689 Times on 3162 Posts
Likes Given: 2366

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Thank You, iv'e been trying to watch the mag ban issue in NJ, but its hard to find anything on it...Just this morning i asked about it in the NJ State section on this Forum. Please let us know what happens....And Welcome to the forum...
Christie has a good record. I researched it. I'd say excellent, considering that politics is the art of the possible, and he has a very difficult state. The 10 end mag is one issue of many, and frankly symbolic compared to the total bans Christie has killed. Ann Coulter endorses him, and she is as strong a conservative as they get.

The OP contains many passionate inaccuracies. Just to name one NJ is not the most anti 2A of all states. But if it were, Christies success would be more remarkable.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1448 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 815

If it comes down to Christie or Hillary, I'll take Christie in a heart beat.

You guys can either stay home in protest or vote the Democrat funded (L) spoiler. Or you can vote for Hillary, the results will be the same.
People Like This 
Old 06-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #7

Liked 3259 Times on 1638 Posts
Likes Given: 433

He's a left leaning republican from a deep blue state, adjust expectations accordingly.
As for Ann Coulter's crush on him. Like most crushes, it wasn't entirely rational. I suspect much had to do with his rather direct & blunt manner. Heck, I will admit to liking that about him. That doesn't mean I agree with his position on firearms legislation, nor does in make him conservative.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 06-21-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:04 PM   #8

Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

I grew up in NJ and my parents were definitely not pro-gun.
NJ anti's are way more deep rooted than a single governor or legislator.
I would love to see attitudes changed in the state and understand it will be one hell of a battle.
Being brought up in a state(NJ) with attitudes of "why would you possibly need a gun".....to living in a state(WV) with attitudes of "why wouldn't you own (many) guns is a big but pleasant change...
Good luck with the fight!
JTJ Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Ann Coulter probably likes him due to his symbolic attacks on the public workers in NJ as well as their pensions and not for his views on guns, Mercator, could you please tell us a more anti-2A state than NJ, even in CA many are able to get Carry Permits depending on your location, in NJ all, yes ALL ordinary citizens are denied their constitutional rights. As a matter of fact possession of ALL firearms including BB guns are illegal in public unless you are traveling to a range or a place of repair that has registered with the state police, I think even Puerto Rico recently went shall issue. He has not done anything to correct this injustice. please go the links I included and read his history of corruption with Christie and go to NJgunforms.com to read NJ gun information. He will not do gun owners any favors if elected president so lets try to select a constitutionalist as the democratic challenger. "Chris Christie, The Democrats best kept secret!"

Last edited by NJ_occupied_territory; 06-21-2014 at 04:10 PM.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4689 Times on 3162 Posts
Likes Given: 2366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
He's a left leaning republican from a deep blue state, adjust expectations accordingly.
As for Ann Coulter's crush on him. Like most crushes, it wasn't entirely rational. I suspect much had to do with his rather direct & blunt manner. Heck, I will admit to liking that about him. That doesn't mean I agree with his position on firearms legislation, nor does in make him conservative.
The Brits make a good point of voting parties, not individuals. If we were to, a lot of internal bickering about who is the prettiest face would go away. The choice would be easier: them or us.

Closed Thread