Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Nj banning .22's and hi caps?! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nj-banning-22s-hi-caps-106834/)

FernandoTheCommando 05-07-2014 06:18 PM

Nj banning .22's and hi caps?!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/06/NJ-Senate-Committee-Passes-22-Rifle-Ban-Magazine-Ban-By-Vote-Of-3-to-2

Just read this. Feel sorry for the Nj and Connecticut folk. I'm obviously preaching to the choir, but people in the north east better step it up before they ban firearms completely in this area. What a shame. I need to hustle somewhere south of the mason Dixon line before every gun I own becomes a felony to posses. How ridiculous. And no, I'm not in new jersey, but rhode island is sandwiched way too close to these states. Luckily our gun laws (except for ccw being "may issue") have stayed half way decent so far. We have a strong group of freedom supporters that attend every meeting at the statehouse and have been able to keep the bans out of our state.

alsaqr 05-07-2014 09:24 PM

It's not a done deal. Question: If the legislature passes that anti-gun bill will Christie sign it into law?

locutus 05-07-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 1571867)
It's not a done deal. Question: If the legislature passes that anti-gun bill will Christie sign it into law?

If he does, he can forget 2016.

Franklin1995 05-08-2014 12:07 AM

Still, the fact that it's even being presented to the legislature is absolutely ridiculous.

SSGN_Doc 05-08-2014 12:23 AM

They say it in response to the Arizona shooting? Really timely. That was how long ago now?

This is an example to gun owners who have may have said in the past "sure, why not ban 'assault weapons'? They aren't touching my hunting rifles." This is why. Because they can go back and expand an incorrect definition to fit any other gun they want.

Now, Mr. Fudd, kindly turn in your Marlin model 60 squirrel assault rifle.

7point62 05-08-2014 10:57 AM

Two female state legislator's talking over coffee:

"What if some crazy person decides to shoot us?

"You mean like Gabrielle Giffords?"

"Yeah."

"OMG, that's scary. Maybe we should do something."

"I know! Let's ban those thingys that shoot the bullets!"

"Yeah, magazine clip round shooter capacity automatic guns."

"Wow, you really know all that stuff!"

"I've done my homework. Hey, you wanna smoke some more crack before we go back to work?"

"Okay. It may help my hangover."

John_Deer 05-08-2014 11:28 AM

It seems like NJ would let a sleeping dog lie. Citizens of NY & CT are not turning in their guns. Who is going to turn in the Model 60 grandpa gave them 30 years ago?

TDS92A 05-08-2014 12:51 PM

If that RINO throws his hat in the ring in 2016, the NRA will bury him. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1571878)
If he does, he can forget 2016.

FernandoTheCommando 05-08-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDS92A (Post 1572255)
If that RINO throws his hat in the ring in 2016, the NRA will bury him. ;)

Is that so? I'm surprised I havent seen much about the nra dealing with this proposed ban in new jersey. What makes you think they will bury Christie in 2016? I think the citizens of jersey are just going to "go with it" and either turn in their guns, or do what many in ct and ny have done by not registering.

FernandoTheCommando 05-08-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1571960)
They say it in response to the Arizona shooting? Really timely. That was how long ago now?

This is an example to gun owners who have may have said in the past "sure, why not ban 'assault weapons'? They aren't touching my hunting rifles." This is why. Because they can go back and expand an incorrect definition to fit any other gun they want.

Now, Mr. Fudd, kindly turn in your Marlin model 60 squirrel assault rifle.

Disgusting isn't it how clueless people are?!