nice to see for a change
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > nice to see for a change

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5625 Times on 2940 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Default nice to see for a change

good to see a positive gun article from a news media outlet. even fox has been less than favorable to gun ownership in the past. there is a video in the linked news story

Quote:
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/01/call-it-gunshine-state-florida-ladies-are-packin-heat/?test=latestnews

Call it the Gunshine State: Florida ladies are packin' heat
Published July 01, 2012
FoxNews.com

Debbie Torrence is a grandma, seamstress, and a gun owner.

"Once I learned how to shoot my gun, I got over my fear of a gun," she told Fox 13 News.

She's part of a growing number of women who are fired up about owning a gun.

"All types of women. I mean, even your grandmothers," she laughed.

In fact, more than 70,000 women between the ages of 51 and 65 got their concealed weapons permits here in the Sunshine State in May 2012 alone. That's right -- Grandma's packing!

"I was really, really afraid of the gun. I didn't even want to touch it," said Ellen Edmondson, a midwife who decided to buy a gun for protection after her husband passed away.

She and many other women are attending classes like the one hosted by the Wyoming Antelope Club, which teaches everything you need to know to be a responsible gun owner.

"Right now there are over 35,000 carry permits just in Pinellas County," explained one of the trainers.

"We have a right to bear arms in this country and if I don't even know how to shoot a gun, then I'm really not exercising my rights," said Ellen.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8583

Great article. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I love pistol packing grannys! Thanks for sharing

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson