The Next American Civil War - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Next American Civil War

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,454
Liked 1208 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade

And very good in beef stew and pot roast.
I know ats'right! :-)
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,454
Liked 1208 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn

7000 grains = 1 pound

3.0865 carat = 1 grain

Carrots are great in rabbit stew
Diamonds / gems - carats = weight

Gold / precious metals - karats (aka carat) = purity. 24k gold = 99.9% pure gold

Tangential thread diversion = :-(
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,525
Liked 424 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Default

Quote:
If you think being on a national list along side child rapists isn't a bad thing, then there really isn't much else to say to you

That's emotive talk. You would be on a list regards you firearms. Child rapists are on a list for a totally different reason.To compare the to doesn't make sense. I assume that people that concealed carry in America are on a list are you comparing them to child rapists etc.




Quote:
When they take your fingerprints, It is you they are registering.


Why would they want your finger print.? Guns are registered here they don't want your finger print.
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

That's emotive talk. You would be on a list regards you firearms. Child rapists are on a list for a totally different reason.To compare the to doesn't make sense. I assume that people that concealed carry in America are on a list are you comparing them to child rapists etc.

Why would they want your finger print.? Guns are registered here they don't want your finger print.
That is one of the proposals in Feinsteins outline. You tell me why they want our fingerprints.
__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,525
Liked 424 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
That is one of the proposals in Feinsteins outline. You tell me why they want our fingerprints.
This you are talking about.
•Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint; A


I am sure there are lots of proposals no of which will ever happen. I can't see any reason for requiring fingerprints. Photographic ID is sufficient here.

I would have no problem with whats bellow apart from the fingerprint.

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms
Act, to include:
o Background check of owner and any transferee;
o Type and serial number of the firearm;
o Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
o Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that
possession would not violate State or local law; and
o Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 12-30-2012 at 02:56 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I am sure there are lots of proposals no of which will ever happen. I can't see any reason for requiring fingerprints.
And I can't see any reason for requiring registration of firearms...CCP, Open carry, or the 12 gauge in my living room 'hiding place'. Should I have to prove that i'm not a criminal to get them? YES. Absolutely. Should I lose them if I commit a violent crime? YES absolutely. And that's all up to law enforcement.

When Government starts enacting legitimate legislation, then i'll get on board. But from where I sit, and read the FBI crime reports, 4-5 times as many people die, every year, from a knife, than a firearm like my AR15. When knives become mandatory registration, then we can talk about my rifle. Until then, this is a pointless conversation.

There are varying levels of acceptance and blindness in this argument.

They see a need for fingerprinting just as clearly as you see a need for registration.

I think you're both blind and both too eager to give up my freedoms for me.

And you're damn right this is emotive talk, you're talking about taking away freedom. Stirs my blood and makes it boil.

As sure as you are that the proposals you don't like WONT pass, I could show you numerous times from our nations immediate history where others have said the same thing.

"Lets just pass the bill. Then you can find out what's in it"
"I will not raise one single tax on the middle class"
"I will not sign anything that infringes on the rights of the American People...oh, but that indefinite detention clause, hell yeah, i'll sign that. Twice."
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 12-30-2012 at 02:57 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,525
Liked 424 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Default

Quote:
Lets just pass the bill. Then you can find out what's in it"
"I will not raise one single tax on the middle class"
"I will not sign anything that infringes on the rights of the American People...oh, but that indefinite detention clause, hell yeah, i'll sign that. Twice
The examples above are not firearm related.

Quote:
And I can't see any reason for requiring registration of firearms...CCP,
Are they not already registered to owners.

(CNN) -- An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties has infuriated many readers since it was posted Saturday on a newspaper's website. PS That type of information would not be released here.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 12-30-2012 at 03:06 PM.
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PrimePorkchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 1,748
Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The examples above are not firearm related.
Doesn't matter. It's still an example of the same Government doing the same thing, with the help of people saying "Meh, they'll never do that"



Quote:
Are they not already registered to owners.
I don't own a single firearm that is registered. Not one of them is required, by law, to be registered.

Your example is a New York State Law that shows who holds a PERMIT, not who holds a FIREARM.

NY state law requires the list to be made public. That is not a federal mandate. That's the 10th Amendment in action. I disagree with it, strongly, but it *IS* in line with the FEDERAL Constitution. If the people of NYC have a problem with it, they need to vote out the scum in office and get it changed.
__________________
VICTORY IS OURS
Because of members of THIS FORUM - Bass Pro Shops have reversed their anti-2nd Amendment policies on ammunition sales in the State of Illinois

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 12-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
PrimePorkchop is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post

The examples above are not firearm related.
Living in the UK your freedoms have been neutered. Misery loves company. I want to remain an American Citizen not a subject of the crown like yourself. I have not aquired a taste for the boots of the elite nor do I intend to.
__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:10 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,525
Liked 424 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 131

Default

Quote:
(CNN) -- An interactive map showing the names and addresses of all handgun permit holders in New York's Westchester and Rockland counties has infuriated many readers since it was posted Saturday on a newspaper's website. PS That type of information would not be released here.
If the firearms are not the owners most be. ?
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
A New Civil War is starting, which gun will you take? Snake The Club House 56 03-09-2013 10:03 PM
Civil Unrest - Civil War - All Over The World PanBaccha Conspiracy 2 08-23-2012 04:19 PM
Where did this NRA civil war relic come from? JakeBoss51 The Club House 2 02-09-2011 02:04 AM
Civil War Era Gun ID help hoosieratc Curio & Relic Discussion 4 12-29-2010 07:06 AM
civil war pistols doctherock Revolver Handguns 1 08-15-2010 03:13 AM