The Next American Civil War - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Next American Civil War

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
All firearms owned by civilians in the UK have to be kept at the (owners home address) where else would you keep your firearms.

All are registered.
...and you will enjoy them until the next psycho kills a bunch of innocent people giving your government the excuse to "sweep them up"...

Be sure to let us know if they say "thank you" for complying with registration and making there job easy...

NOTE: this WILL be the day when that Citizen VS Subject conversation sinks in and you figure out you belong to the latter...

Tack
Old 01-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #122

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Yes as a courtesy not because i have to. They don't take you to the tower anymore and chop your head of. PS I don't think i will be meeting here anytime soon.
Manta, please don't take comments about UK vs US gun laws personal. Most of us in the US have a defined idea of freedom. We are seeing alot of the political elites trying to seperate "We The People" from "Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Happiness". Although this has been going on for decades recently those who would take our freedoms are in high gear.

I am sure you are a proud citizen of your country. You seem comfortable with the freedoms your government allows. On this side of the pond we would like to keep or rights as given by our Creator. It is natural for a government to infringe on those rights. Like wise it is natural for us to want to keep them. In essence, what you are defending, we want no part of. Nothing personal, please keep writing your opinion, another right we enjoy...for now.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 698 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
and you will enjoy them until the next psycho kills a bunch of innocent people giving your government the excuse to "sweep them up"...
That didn't happen after the last shooting in the UK. The Cumbria shootings was a killing spree that occurred on 2 June 2010 when a lone gunman, Derrick Bird, killed 12 people and injured 11 others before killing himself in Cumbria, England.

The prime ministers response bellow. Which i think is more measured than some in America after the shootings at Sandy Hook.

Quote. the Prime Minister. We shouldn't make any knee-jerk reaction to think that there is some instant legislative or regulatory answer," he said.

"You can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and for this dreadful sort of action to take place,"

Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #124
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I am sure you are a proud citizen of your country. You seem comfortable with the freedoms your government allows.
I am not taking it personally. I wish our firearms laws were similar to America. After seeing some posts asking are you allowed to have a knifes in your kitchen in the UK and are you allowed to keep firearms in the UK. I am trying to point out the laws regarding firearms in the UK. As for America will tighter gun controls make any difference my view no. Did tighter firearms control in the UK make any difference in my view no. But it is what it is and as it would not win any politician votes to relax the laws it won't happen.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
After seeing some posts asking are you allowed to have a knifes in your kitchen in the UK...
You missed my point...

Knives, Cricket bats and ropes can be very deadly weapons. You do not
have to register those weapons, so why do you have to register guns?
I made no reference to a kitchen.

Strap a Bowie knife on you belt and walk down a street in any city in the UK
and see how long it takes to get arrested. Here you might get a stange look
depending on what part of the country it is.

BTW, I do enjoy your country, I get to visit once or twice a year on business
usually around Manchester but sometimes further south around London,
Bracknell to be specific.

Your drivers are very polite by US standards.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
That didn't happen after the last shooting in the UK. The Cumbria shootings was a killing spree that occurred on 2 June 2010 when a lone gunman, Derrick Bird, killed 12 people and injured 11 others before killing himself in Cumbria, England.

The prime ministers response bellow. Which i think is more measured than some in America after the shootings at Sandy Hook.

Quote. the Prime Minister. We shouldn't make any knee-jerk reaction to think that there is some instant legislative or regulatory answer," he said.

"You can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and for this dreadful sort of action to take place,"

I know that wikipedia isn't the best for info, but it's what I can get. The bold lettering is my highlight.
Just saying politicians can spin anything anywhere.

A Home Office study published in 2007 reported that gun crime in England and Wales remained a relatively rare event. Firearms (including air guns) were used in 21,521 recorded crimes. It said that injury caused during a firearm offence was rare, with fewer than 3% of offences resulting in a serious or fatal injury.[57]

For 2010/11, police in England and Wales recorded 648 offences as homicide[58], of which 58 (9%) involved the use of firearms - a rate of 0.1 illegal gun deaths per 100,000 of population. The number of homicides per year committed with firearms in England and Wales remained between 39 and 81 in the nine years to 2010/11[59], with an average of 58.3 per year. During the same time period, there were three fatal shootings of police officers in England and Wales, and 149 non-fatal shootings, an average of 16.5 per year. [60]

The overall homicide rates per 100,000 (regardless of weapon type) reported by the United Nations for 1999 were 4.55 for the U.S. and 1.45 in England and Wales.[61] The homicide rate in England and Wales at the end of the 1990s was below the EU average, but the rates in Northern Ireland and Scotland were above the EU average.[62]

While the number of crimes involving firearms in England and Wales increased from 13,874 in 1998/99 to 24,070 in 2002/03, they remained relatively static at 24,094 in 2003/04, and fell to 21,521 in 2005/06. The latter includes 3,275 crimes involving imitation firearms and 10,437 involving air weapons, compared to 566 and 8,665 respectively in 1998/99.[63] Only those "firearms" positively identified as being imitations or air weapons (e.g., by being recovered by the police or by being fired) are classed as such, so the actual numbers are likely significantly higher. In 2005/06, 8,978 of the total of 21,521 firearms crimes (42%) were for criminal damage.[63]

The United Kingdom has a total recorded crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people; the United States of America records approximately 80.[64]

Since 1998, the number of people injured by firearms in England and Wales increased by 110%,[65] from 2,378 in 1998/99 to 5,001 in 2005/06. Most of the rise in injuries were in the category slight injuries from the non-air weapons. "Slight" in this context means an injury that was not classified as "serious" (i.e., did not require detention in hospital, did not involve fractures, concussion, severe general shock, penetration by a bullet or multiple shot wounds). In 2005/06, 87% of such injuries were defined as "slight," which includes the use of firearms as a threat only. In 2007, the British government was accused by Shadow Home Secretary David Davis of making "inaccurate and misleading" statements claiming that gun crime was falling, after official figures showed that gun-related killings and injuries recorded by police had risen more than fourfold since 1998, mainly due to a rise in non-fatal injuries.[66][67] In 2007, Justice Minister Jack Straw told the BBC, "We are concerned that within the overall record, which is a good one, of crime going down in the last 10-11 years, the number of gun-related incidents has gone up. But it has now started to fall."[68]

In 2008 The Independent reported that there were 42 gun-related deaths in Great Britain, a 20-year low.[69] However, in late 2009 The Telegraph reported that gun crime had doubled in the last 10 years, with an increase in both firearms offences and deaths. A government spokesman said this increase was a result of a change in reporting practices in 2001 and that gun crime had actually fallen since 2005. Chris Grayling, the Shadow Home Secretary (an opposition party spokesperson), attributed the rise to ineffective policing and an out-of-control gang culture.[70] A 2006 statistical analysis found no measurable effect detectable from the 1997 firearms legislation[71].

Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
BTW, I do enjoy your country, I get to visit once or twice a year on business
usually around Manchester but sometimes further south around London,
Bracknell to be specific.

You missed my point... I am not missing your point i am not arguing for stricter gun laws in America. As i said in a earlier post i don't think it would make any difference. I also said i wish the laws in the UK were similar to America. I am just pointing out that they are not as strict as some in America seem to think.

Erlier posts.
Quote:
I wish our firearms laws were similar to America. After

Quote:
Did tighter firearms control in the UK make any difference in my view no. But it is what it is and as it would not win any politician votes to relax the laws it won't happen
Next time you are over take a flight over to Belfast we could get some shooting organized. Carrying a knife down the street would seen as carrying a offensive weapon. Quote. carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife. The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000.

Knives that are illegal

There is a complete ban on the sale of some knives:
flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
disguised knives – eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
gravity knives
sword-sticks
samurai swords
hand or foot-claws
push daggers
hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire.

Apart from that you are OK.

Last edited by manta; 01-01-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl1412 View Post
The United Kingdom has a total recorded crime rate per capita of approximately 85 per 1000 people; the United States of America records approximately 80.[64]

A 2006 statistical analysis found no measurable effect detectable from the 1997 firearms legislation[71].
Scotland has a higher firearm homicide rate than the US.
Quote:
'Weapon of choice'

Responding to the statistical report, Labour's James Kelly said it was "deeply concerning" that knife deaths had increased by 74% "in the last year alone".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-16175439

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).

Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #130

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
The United Kingdom has one of the lowest rates of gun homicides in the world with 0.07 recorded intentional homicides committed with a firearm per 100,000 inhabitants in 2009 compared to the United States' 3.0 (over 40 times higher) and to Germany's 0.21 (3 times higher).
You also have a population of 62 million.

Compared to the United States with 311 million.

An, according to the United Nations, The United States ranks #110 world wide for gun violence, despite owning the overwhelming majority of the firearms on the entire planet.

#1 in gun RIGHTS. #110 in gun violence.

Want to keep going? At some point you're going to have to realize that statistics are on our side...the Bill of Rights is on OUR side... and I can prove it every step of the way.