The Next American Civil War - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Next American Civil War

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

.facebook_751291877.jpg

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Thank you for serving in LE first off

But please realize constitutional law is different. It operates much differently than the law you enforce

I'm not saying I like it or agree with it

I'm saying we have elected politicians that have allowed the creation of these loopholes and now were stuck with it
You are welcome.
We are 'stuck with it' only if you believe we live in a judicial democracy not a Republic governed by WE THE PEOPLE!
The only way to change this unconstitutional behavior (at all levels of government) is to do as Rosa Parks did and refuse 'to go to the back of the bus'!!!!
The first Ten Amendments (The Bill of Rights) pertain to 'individual rights' and they apply to all levels of government. Any person who is in government who does not believe this and does not enforce this is in direct violation of the Oath they swore to when they were elected/appointed to ANY position in the government at any level!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 01-01-2013 at 02:43 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 AM   #103

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
You are welcome.
We are 'stuck with it' only if you believe we live in a judicial democracy not a Republic governed by WE THE PEOPLE!
The only way to change this unconstitutional behavior (at all levels of government) is to do as Rosa Parks did and refuse 'to go to the back of the bus'!!!!
The first Ten Amendments (The Bill of Rights) pertain to 'individual rights' and they apply to all levels of government. Any person who is in government who does not believe this and does not enforce this is in direct violation of the Oath they swore to when they were elected/appointed to ANY position in the government at any level!!!
I don't disagree with you one bit on that. But, as I said earlier, the best option we have is to vote them out.

Other than that, we have two choices: Arm up and march in guns blazing, or deal with it.

I, for one, am not much for the guns blazing option...I still very firmly believe the system we have can be fixed.

It just takes the patriots of this land to step forward where it's needed most at this point in time: Education and influence.

I could be naive and too optimistic, its just what my gut feeling is telling me

Old 01-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #104
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2369 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 2484

Guns blazing may be an option, but it should be the very last option.

The "system" we have right now includes far too many moving parts. Each state has many pages of legislation regarding firearms. In some states, individual counties or even cities have their own (often conflicting) laws. Changes in these laws could occur at any time. Inappropriate interpretation of these laws could also occur at any time.

We need a much simpler system. And we already have one. It just isn't being used.

14A says "...No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;..." One of those privileges or immunities is provided by 2A, RKBA shall not be infringed. So, all those extraneous, confusing, conflicting, and most importantly, infringing State laws are unconstitutional and have been so since 1868 when 14A was ratified. Forget about whether SCOTUS "incorporates" 2A to the States. 14A has already done that.

The fly in the ointment is that the Federal Government has violated the intent of 2A by creating any Federal gun control laws. Once the Federal Government has established the precedent, the States naturally think they can too. And we wind up where we are today.

Sadly, 2A was written precisely to ensure that the "guns blazing" option would always be available. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

P.S. Voting them out won't solve the whole problem. SCOTUS is not an elected group. And our present commander-in-thief (err...umm...yeah, that's what I meant to say... ) has the opportunity to fill that court with his lackeys.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Last edited by Balota; 01-01-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Ruger22lr Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #105

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Guns blazing may be an option, but it should be the very last option.

The "system" we have right now includes far too many moving parts. Each state has many pages of legislation regarding firearms. In some states, individual counties or even cities have their own (often conflicting) laws. Changes in these laws could occur at any time. Inappropriate interpretation of these laws could also occur at any time.

We need a much simpler system. And we already have one. It just isn't being used.

14A says "...No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States;..." One of those privileges or immunities is provided by 2A, RKBA shall not be infringed. So, all those extraneous, confusing, conflicting, and most importantly, infringing State laws are unconstitutional and have been so since 1868 when 14A was ratified. Forget about whether SCOTUS "incorporates" 2A to the States. 14A has already done that.

The fly in the ointment is that the Federal Government has violated the intent of 2A by creating any Federal gun control laws. Once the Federal Government has established the precedent, the States naturally think they can too. And we wind up where we are today.

Sadly, 2A was written precisely to ensure that the "guns blazing" option would always be available. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

P.S. Voting them out won't solve the whole problem. SCOTUS is not an elected group. And our present commander-in-thief (err...umm...yeah, that's what I meant to say... ) has the opportunity to fill that court with his lackeys.
I agree completely with what you said but the watchmen who write the laws made it otherwise with the incorporation nonsense

Old 01-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
The last time i looked at my passport i was a citizen. Not subject. Example of a passport notice citizen not subject.
Yeah, like politicians and government never lie to us...
Do you still have a Monarch on your currency?
BTW, It may be inappropriate, but you're cute!!!

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Where do YOU draw the 'line in the sand'! I think it has gone WAY to far already. This latest BS is way over the edge!!!
It's our fault, we let the progressive first 'normalize' their crap and them 'legalize' it and all we do is grumble about it.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 01-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
I agree completely with what you said but the watchmen who write the laws made it otherwise with the incorporation nonsense
Sad but true, although SCOTUS doesn't write the laws...they REwrite the laws by their interpretations.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #109

Liked 34 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Good Job PPC

Old 01-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Hard to imagine the ACLU coming to the defense of an NRA (or other FTF) member arrested for concealed or open carry without a state license. They should but I don't think they would.

The modern, gun-totin' Rosa Parks should have the right to do so based solely on 14A and 2A. 2A is the familiar RKBA. 14A prevents states from passing laws abridging that privilege.

Balota