New York State published Q&A for gun grab. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New York State published Q&A for gun grab.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2404 Times on 1407 Posts
Likes Given: 540

Actually the fact that they failed to exclude law enforcement is a good thing. It will most likely make them revisit this law.

Otherwise it would be nice to see law enforcement unions shut down and let them see what it is like with citizens in the vulnerable position they left them in along with the upper hand they gave to criminals.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #12

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
the police in new york shouldnt have guns. the private citizens cant have em neither should they. the politicians, entertainers, leftists etc who all have bodyguards should have unarmed body guards.
Hear hear! I agree! If laws on paper stop criminals and make it all safe and cozy, no one needs guns anymore. We can all relax, drink free bubble up, eat rainbow stew, with a silver spoon, underneath those sky's of blue!

Old 01-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #13

Liked 4542 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

LOL!!! Stupid New York...gave the criminals 60 days to comply with the law, but made the law abiding citizens comply instantly....

That's not a joke either. They gave the criminals a 60 day amnesty...

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #14

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I did actually see something in there I liked.

Safe storage. If you live with a convicted felon, you can still own guns as long as you comply with their safe storage laws. In most places you have to choose between the felon and your own rights.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #15

Liked 4542 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I did actually see something in there I liked.

Safe storage. If you live with a convicted felon, you can still own guns as long as you comply with their safe storage laws. In most places you have to choose between the felon and your own rights.
I knew a girl that got busted for pot with her boyfriend, because of the amount, they were both convicted of a felony. She had to marry him, as North Carolina (or south Carolina) wouldn't let two felons live together. She ended up hating the guy later on...

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #16

I'm new to this forum, but I figure this is a good place for this question.

As we know the NY SAFE act further restricts the definition of a assault weapon from 2 or more banned features down to one or more. I'm sure on this forum there is no need to list them. So the question is, any AR-15 is now a "banned" assault weapon because of the pistol grip, so what keeps you from changing the upper to one that contained a flash suppressor and bayonet lug?
It's already "banned" because of the one feature, what is going to be now, more banned with 3 or 4?

I'm curious on others thoughts, is that a legit loophole or not? According to the SAFE FAQ website it seems so.

Of course you really need a lawyer to read the full SAFE act legislation for a legally correct answer, but I'm just curious on opinions.

Last edited by Magooch; 03-21-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magooch View Post
I'm new to this forum, but I figure this is a good place for this question.

As we know the NY SAFE act further restricts the definition of a assault weapon from 2 or more banned features down to one or more. I'm sure on this forum there is no need to list them. So the question is, any AR-15 is now a "banned" assault weapon because of the pistol grip, so what keeps you from changing the upper to one that contained a flash suppressor and bayonet lug?
It's already "banned" because of the one feature, what is going to be now, more banned with 3 or 4?

I'm curious on others thoughts, is that a legit loophole or not? According to the SAFE FAQ website it seems so.

Of course you really need a lawyer to read the full SAFE act legislation for a legally correct answer, but I'm just curious on opinions.
Hi and welcome to the fourm, you should stop by the intro fourm and say hi.

For your question I think We'll see how it pans out in Ny, where's one for you on the limit issue. How about 7 in the magazine and 3 in the perp?

Last edited by JAD; 03-22-2013 at 12:00 AM.