The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4531 Times on 2256 Posts
Likes Given: 1020

As manufacturers of "high capacity weapons of death", I demand all firearm manufacturers, currently producing weapons in New York, to leave the state.

Any company which manufactures weapons for the military, police, and a militarized police force at that, who can not produce for civilians. Has NO RIGHT, under the principal of the 2nd amendment to operate, or serve those agencies.

Otherwise they will NEVER SEE my business.

Imagine... Guns being made and sold to agencies...to be used on citizens...for buying and owning a product they manufactured for them.

That is criminal in my mind.

In fact, I strongly urge every gun manufacturer to stop servicing or selling arms to New York.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

People Like This 
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
As manufacturers of "high capacity weapons of death", I demand all firearm manufacturers, currently producing weapons in New York, to leave the state.

Any company which manufactures weapons for the military, police, and a militarized police force at that, who can not produce for civilians. Has NO RIGHT, under the principal of the 2nd amendment to operate, or serve those agencies.

Otherwise they will NEVER SEE my business.

Imagine... Guns being made and sold to agencies...to be used on citizens...for buying and owning a product they manufactured for them.

That is criminal in my mind.

In fact, I strongly urge every gun manufacturer to stop servicing or selling arms to New York.
i aggree. but how can we send this message to the companies and how do we find out which companies?

besides remington
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm also very curious as to how this will effect stripped or completed lowers as that is the "firearm". will they be made to be un completed or could one still buy any upper due to it being registered already? hmmm

of a grieving mother

Old 01-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #84

Liked 1215 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 384

Here is the actual bill if anyone cares to try to decipher it, it's pretty difficult to read because it appears to mostly just modify statements in existing laws.
http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=S02230&term=2013&Summary=Y&Text=Y

Anyone know when this bill actually takes effect? Usually they are not instant.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #85
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
It's great that the republicans will sell us out in order to say they passed a law that prevents gun owner's names from being published. My sister and her family bought a place in Bluffton SC as well as my elderly parents and they've been telling me to go down there too. It's hard to leave kids and grand kids, as well as friends, but sometimes leaving is the only choice. When their homes are sold this year they'll be gone from this hell hole. I wanted to leave years ago, but this legislation will be the final straw. Being retired LE I've always tried to obey the law, but registration will mean eventual confiscation and total ban of certain weapons like NYC did. This country is turning into three things, bi-lingual, bi-sexual and bi-polar.
I don't understand why any gun loving American would ever live north of Virginia to begin with. That's the most unfriendly territory ever for those that like not to be victims waiting on dial a prayer. I get lots of friends who have relocated from somewhere north of the Mason-Dixon line down here that ask me, how do you have so many guns with the registry? Um, cause we don't register guns down here. The south is gun friendly.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I don't understand why any gun loving American would ever live north of Virginia to begin with. That's the most unfriendly territory ever for those that like not to be victims waiting on dial a prayer. I get lots of friends who have relocated from somewhere north of the Mason-Dixon line down here that ask me, how do you have so many guns with the registry? Um, cause we don't register guns down here. The south is gun friendly.
family, and the beauty. the country is quite pretty but ive had my fill i think. im ready for new sights.
of a grieving mother

Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #87

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post

family, and the beauty. the country is quite pretty but ive had my fill i think. im ready for new sights.
Ever been to east Tn ? Decent gunlaws and getting better. Rivals anything I've seen in NY scenery wise. Economic growth and no state income tax. We would love to have you down here in North Miss. You can be the modern day Moses and lead the flock out of Pharohs reach.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #88

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
if your contemplating VT I would suggest the Rutland area or further north in the Burlington area. Burlington actually weathered the recession quite well considering, seems like work stayed ahead of the jobless rates

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 AM   #89

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Not so fast fella...last time I checked PA was one of the biggest pro gun states out there. We are truly a free state (for now)

Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #90

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
i aggree. but how can we send this message to the companies and how do we find out which companies?

besides remington
Freedom of Information Request to the Comptrollers ... they are the purse strings who procure and award all the Gov't contracts want to know who supplies the NYPD with firearms? ammunition? urban assault vehicles? Contact this office - http://www.comptroller.nyc.gov/

the same can be done for each and every county

I think NY firearms owners, the NRA, the GOA and the NYSRA need to lay down a heavy dose of boycott and demand that manufactures stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of NY

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

buckhuntr Likes This