The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #51
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6472 Times on 3438 Posts
Likes Given: 482

People will unerringly go willingly into the chains of slavery and fight tooth and nail to keep those chains on their necks.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

People Like This 
Old 01-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #52

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Keep your guns and hi cap mags. They cant fit us all in jail........can they?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1217 Times on 796 Posts
Likes Given: 788

http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/social-issues/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-massacre/nTw7j/
yup 104 to 43
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/15/new-york-assault-weapons-guns/1835785/
of a grieving mother

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

and yes, the mag limit was across the board. not just rifles.
so correct me if im wrong but does a pistol have a pistol grip?
seems to me the biggest gun ban ever just took place way to easy.

of a grieving mother
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #56

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Jesus.....

Sorry NY, this was the fastest and most radical ban yet. I want details on this round count ban. Does it have a term limit, etc? What if someone cannot find a mag to accompany that model and just carries with 7 rounds?

Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #57

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
and yes, the mag limit was across the board. not just rifles.
so correct me if im wrong but does a pistol have a pistol grip?
seems to me the biggest gun ban ever just took place way to easy.
It sure does! If you don't register in the timeline they have given, you will also be charged with a class E felony! This is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1278 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

They are systematically eliminating the Bill of Rights.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." It is now illegal for Christians to mention their religion or to pray in public. Shades of Communist Russia. It is illegal to make a statement criticizing certain priviledged minorities, government officials, or foreign dignitaries.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". First carry permits, background checks, then restricting certain kinds of weapons, sooner or later, all weapons.

"No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law." So far not grossly violated, but wait until martial law is declared...

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." They can already stop you and search your car, frisk you, and confiscate your property on the slightest excuse. They can knock down your door, search your house, and confiscate your property just by claiming they had an anonymous tip...

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." How many people sign false confessions after being brow-beaten and psychologically tortured for hours? How many innocent people have confessed to a "lesser" crime because they have been convinced they can't win a criminal case against them?

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence." How many people have sat in jail for years waiting for a trial when they are not guilty?

"In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law." How many people have been sued in absencia, with no knowledge of the impending suit until after the court order to pay has been issued? How many people have been sued by the families of criminals after defending themselves from violent attack?

"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted." How about 20 years in prison for possessing a banned gun or a banned substance?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." How about the ongoing bullying of the states by the feds in the administration of schools? How about "Homeland Security" controlling airports, bus stations, etc?

And on and on...

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 01-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Rarity Likes This 
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #59

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Who would've thought, M1 Garands would ever become an "Assault Rifle"? NY polititions can go peck $#!+ with the chickens! They will be singing a different song in a few years, y'all watch! Crime will skyrocket and they will be standing around grabassing each other asking, "what went wrong?"

Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #60

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The problem is you vote for garbage, you get garbage. Sorry to hear about you New York. Next time you have to stand up for your rights!