I have several questions about the 7 round mag requirement:
1) if you are traveling by car from Pennsylvania to Vermont (having no other choice but to drive through NY), can you bring mags over 7 rounds?
If driving through NYS with a firearm you are by law allowed to do so. so long as you do not stop. once. you can travel through. but not to. if oyu plan on stopping or staying. then you are now breaking the law.
2) when 7 rounds is challenged in court, if this part of the law is overturned, is the whole bill nullified, or can just parts be overturned?
parts and peices of laws can be changed, fought, repealled without it effecting other sections.
3) almost all semi-automatic pistols don't have 7 round magazines available or any magazine available to be NY legal. What if the OEM refuses to produce new mags?
then we have a lot of single shot slide pistols.
4) the new law says you must sell your old mags out of state within 1 year. Does a state government have the right to force you to sell your property?
5) what about military forced to be stationed in NY? Do they have to sell their property or do they have any protection under the soldiers and sailors act?
6) what are the prospects of this law being put in injunction and/or being over-turned? What is the time frame that all this would take?