The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 24
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #231
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Now you won't be able to buy ammo through the mail like those in NYC. I use ammo that has to be special ordered that can't be gotten in local gun shops. In addition, since you can't shop on line you're forced to pay much higher prices. If you get an FFL dealer to order ammo for you then they'll have to be paid additionally. This really stinks to hell.

By the way, don't listen to rumors about police in NY being forced to carry only 7 rounds in their mags. That's total BS. My son's active LE and nothing has been mentioned regarding that. He carries a Sig226 and it was fully loaded while on patrol today. I've been told the same by others as well. I've never seen anything like this happen in my entire life.
The law isn't effective until March...and unless they amend it there is no exemption for LE to exceed the mag limit.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #232

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
I have a new conspiracy theory. This legislation was pushed by the 7 round single stack 1911 crowd as a way to effectively ban Glocks due to their magazine size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Remington is in Ithaca ... and they did just strike a deal with the NY Gov to remain in Ithaca for a long time ...
Remington 1911 R1 ... 7rd +1 ... http://www.1911r1.com/en/Products/Firearms/Model-1911-Carry.aspx

damn this tinfoil hat is on tight

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #233
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Or talk about it on an open forum.
Well, all I have are some ole antique hunting guns and a wheelgun or two. Nothing that is on the list.

But I know these guys I met at the range....

Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #234

Liked 536 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
The law isn't effective until March...and unless they amend it there is no exemption for LE to exceed the mag limit.
Unless it's in effect it's meaningless and people are saying cops are now just carrying 7 rounds and are unkowingly just spreading rumors. As we speak it's being amended and will be amended more and more, cause these idiots have s^^t for brains. There are numerous things in this gun grab that'll have to be expunged.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #235

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
It's great that the republicans will sell us out in order to say they passed a law that prevents gun owner's names from being published. My sister and her family bought a place in Bluffton SC as well as my elderly parents and they've been telling me to go down there too. It's hard to leave kids and grand kids, as well as friends, but sometimes leaving is the only choice. When their homes are sold this year they'll be gone from this hell hole. I wanted to leave years ago, but this legislation will be the final straw. Being retired LE I've always tried to obey the law, but registration will mean eventual confiscation and total ban of certain weapons like NYC did. This country is turning into three things, bi-lingual, bi-sexual and bi-polar.
Looks like you'll be saying Bi.............. I couldn't help it.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #236
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 831 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Last, but not least I recall how the jews kicked the British out of Israel and became independent.
Wrong the British had no interest in staying in Palestine as it was at the time. If they had wanted to stay they could still be there. Also we would have different views of what happened in Palestine.
I would class the Jew's fighting the British in Palestine as terrorists. The British army helped liberate Europe saving hundreds of thousands of Jew's from the extermination camps that was the thanks they got. A example of the terrorist activities of the Jew's in Palestine.

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out on July 22, 1946 by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization the Irgun on the British administrative headquarters for Palestine, which was housed in the King David Hotel in Jerusalem. 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured.

91 people were killed, most of them being staff of the hotel or Secretariat: 21 were first-rank government officials; 49 were second-rank clerks, typists and messengers, junior members of the Secretariat, employees of the hotel and canteen workers; 13 were soldiers; 3 policemen; and 5 were members of the public.
Quote:
If they were able to do battle against the brown shirts, while they were taking control of the govt in the 1930's, then perhaps they would've prevented those large scale massacres they had to endure.
Imposable to prove speculation.

Quote:
Sorry mate, what you are saying is rubbish. Remember the Warsaw Ghetto? Those few jews kept the German army at bay for months, which included their elite SS

The Warsaw uprising was a side show for the Germain's they had bigger fish to fry at that time. Remember they had overrun the million strong polish army who had plenty of firearms. How you think a few civilians would have stoped them.

To think that some armed civilians could have stoped the Germain army when well armed armies couldn't doesn't make sense.

PS We are talking about the German army in WW2 not the American war of independence in 1775.

Last edited by manta; 01-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #237
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

(Sorry if this was posted previously, just haven't been able to read through all of these posts yet).

Quite a bit of discussion about this on a Facebook page, but if as a lawyer on the page interprets it correctly, "Apparently in the rush to pass New York's gun control law they inadvertently outlawed ALL handguns and also forgot to exempt law enforcement from the 8+ capacity magazine ban. How do these idiots have any jobs, let alone jobs they obtained through popular vote?"

The explanation is Subsection (1) operates independent of (2). Notice the "or". They criminalized possession of any handgun, regardless of registration.

The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Legal and Activism

Link to the NY Law:
http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article265.htm

Old 01-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #238
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

They were so hot to be the first to disarm the public they didn't even stop to read the bill before they voted the mandatory "aye".
There was a comment by one of them on NBC news that "we didn't have a choice". Does that mean the Cuomo has some kind of axe poised over their heads if they don't go along with his incompetent, dictatorial demands???

Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsavy View Post
Looks like you'll be saying Bi.............. I couldn't help it.
That's OK cause you're right, but if things go bad I'm sure there'll be a big traffic jam caused by others trying to get out of town with me.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:25 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Wrong the British had no interest in staying in Palestine as it was at the time. If they had wanted to stay they could still be there. Also we would have different views of what happened in Palestine.
I would class the Jew's fighting the British in Palestine as terrorists. The British army helped liberate Europe saving hundreds of thousands of Jew's from the extermination camps that was the thanks they got. A example of the terrorist activities of the Jew's in Palestine.

The King David Hotel bombing was an attack carried out on July 22, 1946 by the militant right-wing Zionist underground organization the Irgun on the British administrative headquarters for Palestine, which was housed in the King David Hotel in Jerusalem. 91 people of various nationalities were killed and 46 were injured.

91 people were killed, most of them being staff of the hotel or Secretariat: 21 were first-rank government officials; 49 were second-rank clerks, typists and messengers, junior members of the Secretariat, employees of the hotel and canteen workers; 13 were soldiers; 3 policemen; and 5 were members of the public.

Imposable to prove speculation.

The Warsaw uprising was a side show for the Germain's they had bigger fish to fry at that time. Remember they had overrun the million strong polish army who had plenty of firearms. How you think a few civilians would have stoped them.

To think that some armed civilians could have stoped the Germain army when well armed armies couldn't doesn't make sense.

PS We are talking about the German army in WW2 not the American war of independence in 1775.
Just you saying that Britain wanted to leave Israel anyway shows your facts are just fantasies in your mind. The bombing of the King David Hotel cracked the British spine and they certainly did want to leave, but left kicking and screaming.

I never said armed jews would have been able to stop the nazis themselves, but for damn sure 6 million jews would not have been led to the slaughter had they been armed and had the stomach to do battle. 1776 was just another example of how citizens can fight. Not having a standing army in the colonies back then showed how an armed citizenry can kick the butt of the strongest military in the world not just once, but twice if you count the War of 1812. Being a Brit you cannot understand our passion for the right to keep and bear arms and why we despise royalty, though some of our politicians and elite think that's what they are. In Britain you have a great love for the monarchy and that's your right. Over here we didn't like having a King collect unfair taxes and taking our guns away and kicked out King George.

My son-in-law is from England and my daughter lived there for over 2 years, so I'm very familiar with England and how many over there think. My little year old grand daughter will have citizenship in both countries and being partially of Scott, Irish and English decent I'm in my own way connected to England and have no dislike of it. We're just from 2 different worlds and will have to agree to disagree, but will ally when those SOB's try to kill us all.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.