The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 23
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #221
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 519 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I have read similar posts. That statement is rubbish if the Jews were armed it might of made it harder but not stoped it. It took the combined armies of the uk America and Russia to stop the Germain army some armed civilians would have being swatted like flies. PS Lets be realistic.
Sorry mate, what you are saying is rubbish. Remember the Warsaw Ghetto? Those few jews kept the German army at bay for months, which included their elite SS. Those jews were ripped off by SOB's who sold them firearms that didn't work and ammunition that wouldn't fit many guns. Yet they put up a valiant fight.

If they were able to do battle against the brown shirts, while they were taking control of the govt in the 1930's, then perhaps they would've prevented those large scale massacres they had to endure. The nazis would've thought twice about what they did if they felt that there would've been a strong armed resistance, as opposed to dealing with a population of sheeple.

There are many examples of how small groups battled the Germans with much success. My former son-in-law's grandfather was in the Dutch resistance and when my son-in-law visited Holland with his father he was pointed out street corners where his grandfather killed those bastards. He was shot himself, but survived. There were lots of dead nazis lying around and there's even film footage that shows what they had done. My stepfather while on a Danish merchant training ship out at sea at the age of 16 was forced to cross the Atlantic, cause the Germans invaded. He made it here and eventually served in the US Army and won the bronze star, but his brother was on a different ship that was sunk by a U-Boat. He went home many years later and was told many stories about the Danish resistance where every jew was either hidden, or taken out of the country. The Germans didn't get hold of one jew to kill. Victor Borge was a Danish jew who was saved. There was also our Revolutionary War in 1776 fought by civilians that got us independence from the Empire.

Last, but not least I recall how the jews kicked the British out of Israel and became independent. So don't say that it's rubbish that armed jews wouldn't have made a difference. By the way, the citizens of the US sent their private weapons over to England just to see them dumped in the Atlantic at the end of the war. But fear not, cause now that we know how the British think about guns we won't send anymore if the Germans try to invade again. It's amazing what guns in the hands of patriots can do. Also, when you don't remember history you're destined to repeat it!

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-17-2013 at 10:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #222

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
They didn't even exempt police! HAHAHA, that's funny right there.

I have a new conspiracy theory. This legislation was pushed by the 7 round single stack 1911 crowd as a way to effectively ban Glocks due to their magazine size.
Remington is in Ithaca ... and they did just strike a deal with the NY Gov to remain in Ithaca for a long time ...

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 01-18-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #223

Liked 4537 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1024

Which is why you boycott their ass... And let them know why. Take a sweetheart deal and sell weapons to be used against law abiding citizens... Scumbags.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

People Like This 
Old 01-18-2013, 12:32 AM   #224

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Everyone is missing the biggest pain in the ass..

I gotta pass a background check to buy ammo!

Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #225
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8836 Times on 5112 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
Actually the law in NY is that you can only have a ten round mag but only put in 7 rounds. All Preban and all mags that can hold over ten rounds must be sold out of state.
I would keep 'em. All of them. Don't bring them to the range, keep them at home ready to rock. If they find them you are screwed anyhow. If you need them and don't have them, you are doubly screwed.

There are lots of people here in CA who have prohibited stuff. The ones who get caught are the ones who bring it out to the range and show it off, or brag about it. Loose lips sink ships.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #226

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post

I'm really sort of shocked that was passed. It seems a silly, silly and draconian measure.

Next thing they will do is that "gun fingerprinting" thing.

WTH? Please New York lawyers - sue them like crazy to get this crap overturned.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 AM   #227
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2024 Times on 1183 Posts
Likes Given: 4305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
http://www.algraf.org/2013/01/15/graf-rails-against-flawed-gun-bill/

NY Assemblyman that voted against the bill says his daughter NY policewomen is only carrying 7 bullets now because that's the law. He says there were many other flaws and Cuomo didn't follow a good process and didn't address anything that would prevent school violence.
This is from ABC news out of New York.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Fnew_york&id=8958116

Old 01-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #228

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1

Not if you buy it outside of NY. I live in NJ and buy all my ammo in PA.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 AM   #229

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I would keep 'em. All of them. Don't bring them to the range, keep them at home ready to rock. If they find them you are screwed anyhow. If you need them and don't have them, you are doubly screwed.

There are lots of people here in CA who have prohibited stuff. The ones who get caught are the ones who bring it out to the range and show it off, or brag about it. Loose lips sink ships.
Or talk about it on an open forum.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 AM   #230

Liked 519 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post

Now you won't be able to buy ammo through the mail like those in NYC. I use ammo that has to be special ordered that can't be gotten in local gun shops. In addition, since you can't shop on line you're forced to pay much higher prices. If you get an FFL dealer to order ammo for you then they'll have to be paid additionally. This really stinks to hell.

By the way, don't listen to rumors about police in NY being forced to carry only 7 rounds in their mags. That's total BS. My son's active LE and nothing has been mentioned regarding that. He carries a Sig226 and it was fully loaded while on patrol today. I've been told the same by others as well. I've never seen anything like this happen in my entire life.