The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 04:46 AM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG
Hey guys please help us New Yorkers out and sign this petition and share it with all of your gun buddies it really would mean alot to us here in the Peoples Republic
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rule-ny-safe-act-be-unconstitutional/W2KLT6t8#thank-you=p
Went in, created account, signed.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #182

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero

Guess I'm trying to see both sides. Those who say that if the boy had needed to change clips, that bit of time may have mad a difference - I at least want to try to listen to them.

The 15 number sticks in my head because semi-auto handguns have been in that range for a long time.

I'm not sure if the government should have the RIGHT to do what it's doing, but I'm trying to think what might be reasonable if it turns out they do.

7 seems too restrictive.
Sorry. We will have to agree to disagree. Magazine limit does absolutely nothing except make someone have to carry more mags. It takes a fraction of a second to change a mag.

The government has no right to do this. I personally do not even own a rifle ( long story, but I do want one) but I am not for any more government interference in anyone's life,

They need to go concentrate on the economy and how to fix it and leave law abiding people in peace.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #183

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I agree as posted many fine rural folks I am sure. But, the electorate there chooses Liberals to run the state. It is a very strong "Blue" state.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:13 AM   #184
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/rule-ny-safe-act-be-unconstitutional/W2KLT6t8#thank-you=p

Signed it. Passed it along on my FB page.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #185
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8250

Default Lawyer in Buffalo Will fight it!

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/196500/413/Local-attorny-Plans-Lawsuit-Against-NY-Gun-Law

The lawyer in this article is preparing a class action suit against the Govenor's latest attack on the 2A and 5A rights of the residents of NY state. There is a link to his e-mail in the article. So far, over 10,000 New Yorkers have contacted him. Please add your names to this lawsuit.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 01-17-2013 at 05:41 AM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 AM   #186
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/196500/413/Local-attorny-Plans-Lawsuit-Against-NY-Gun-Law

The lawyer in this article is preparing a class action suit against the Govenor's latest attack on the 2A and 5A rights of the residents of NY state. There is a link to his e-mail in the article. So far, over 10,000 New Yorkers have contacted him. Please add your names to this lawsuit.
I'm sure he wants NY residents only????

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #187

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Technically, if and when Congress passes any type of "gun control" law the NY law will become null and void and the limits imposed by federal law will be the only ones enforceable.
One of my hopes then is that there are law suits filed and followed through on to challenge the authority / legitimacy of state vs federal when it comes to gun control provisions, as well as the right for either to impose such limitations.

This is one time that I will support the Lawyers.

Thanks much for the reply. I appreciate it.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #188

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
Sorry. We will have to agree to disagree. Magazine limit does absolutely nothing except make someone have to carry more mags. It takes a fraction of a second to change a mag.
I certainly see your point, and am not sure I actually disagree with it. I'm just trying to work through the thought process on this.

As for the government and a right to do this, I don't quite understand how "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" gets pushed to the side so easily.

Frustrating.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #189
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6175 Times on 3059 Posts
Likes Given: 6554

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
I certainly see your point, and am not sure I actually disagree with it. I'm just trying to work through the thought process on this.

As for the government and a right to do this, I don't quite understand how "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" gets pushed to the side so easily.

Frustrating.

I know the answer to this and anything else they shove up our fourth points of contact.

Its "FOOG"...

Old 01-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #190

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Carry two guns?
Don't worry. Bill and Hillary will be safe.