The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Like I've said many times. People from Virginia south have zero tolerance for all that sh... Someone in NY needs to just use some of the liberal machines against them. Like make a call to the ACLU and claim your liberties are being violated. Then find some crusader new lawyer and get him to sue the city, state, whomever for an injunction. The Supreme Court we already know backs the 2nd. Use the resources you have available.
On another forum, they are listing the name of an attorney who is setting up a class action lawsuit already. (thefiringline) He offered his services probono; good for him.

EDIT* I don't know this attorney myself:
Quote:
This would be an ex post facto law if enacted. An attorney (James Tresmond) in Western New York is already preparing a challenge to the law. I just talked to Jim. He said that anyone affected by this law should call him at his office tomorrow. The telephone number is 716.202.4301. He's doing the case pro bono.
from the relevant posting on thefiringline.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-16-2013 at 06:48 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #142

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
So the reaction from all the gun owners and second amendment supporters in NY is to bend over and take it or run away? This does not bode well for our country.
I don't think it's fair to say what you did. In my case I spent almost 20 years in LE until I was injured in the LOD and still paying for it today. I ain't 21 years old ready for battle anymore. I've had my fill of fighting in my life.

I joined the NRA in 1972 and have been a life member for 27 years. I've written more letters, made countless phone calls and have sent numerous emails over the years to state and federal politicians regarding guns. I've watched far too many times people in this state having their guns literally stolen from them by different authorities. I've also seen far too many being refused a ccw permit when they really needed one.

Confiscation is alive and well in this state. A friend of mine over a year ago on Long Island brought in his guns to have his license renewed. That's no longer required at this time. He owned a pen gun that was registered that had been given to him many years before as a gift from a friend who owned a gun shop. They removed it from him and told him pen guns were no longer legal in NY. I guess they considered that little single shot .22 was a mini assault weapon. Can't they make up their minds? Anyway, it was taken away and there was nothing he could do and there was no monetary compensation made. That's one good argument against registration right there, but gun haters would applaud what they did. NYC started long gun registration in the mid 70's and after many years finally banned weapons that were legal in the rest of the state, but required people to dispose of them at a dealer and not privately and return with a receipt. Otherwise the weapon was confiscated. Failure meant revocation of their license and confiscation of their other guns.

At this time in my life I'm considering going somewhere that will help me have some piece of mind and less pressure. I'm not giving up and still calling and writing emails, but if by the end of this year things aren't at least reasonably reversed where I can live with it then they can all kiss my ass and I'm gone. I have a beautiful collection with a few items that may be effected in a bad way. I don't need thousands of dollars in property that I've broken my ass over the years to collect be taken before my family can benefit monetarily.

There are some people living outside the box that are telling those living with a boot on their neck what they should do. Some people even talk like Rambo and pound their chests. Usually those who scream the most are the ones that aren't around when the battle starts. This state has pusillanimous republicans for the large part selling out their constituents. It was a republican governor Pataki who first banned AW's in 2000, but grandfathering those made prior to the '94 fed ban. Today it's a democrat rat governor being supported by republican leaders Judas sheep leading their flock to vote for this anti American garbage and no grandfathering this time. Even no more mail order ammo. Now I'll have to have orders filled out of state. If I leave then there'll be plenty of others still here fighting for what's right and getting screwed by the politicians without even being taken out for dinner.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #143

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Was just hearing on the radio that these NY politicians for the most part didn't read the bill in the first place, if they had they might have noticed that it bars even police from loading more than 7 rounds as well.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 01-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #144

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Wait I'm confused... I can keep my 10rd mags I already own, but only put 7 rds in them? Stupidity at its best I guess
no, you cannot! you have 1 year to sell them outside of NY State or face confiscation and or criminal charges

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #145

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I don't think you're stupid at all. I think there is a time for everything, I dont think it is time for a last resort type of action...yet.
No ..... it's LONG PAST TIME!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #146

Liked 489 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 228

They had it in their hands for 20 minutes. They were tripping over their salivating tongues while running to approve it. No one's ever seen a bill pushed through this quickly. Lucky for them it wasn't 200 years ago cause their behavior was treasonous and they're getting away with it.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #147

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
Was just hearing on the radio that these NY politicians for the most part didn't read the bill in the first place, if they had they might have noticed that it bars even police from loading more than 7 rounds as well.
In their service weapon? I don't know about that...sounds stupid and irresponsible...wait a minute...it all sounds stupid and irresponsible so it may just be true. Leave the high caps for the gang bangers and thugs, leave the police and lac with seven rounds to defend themselves with. Yup, sounds like a tenuous plan to me!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
ive been reading that thing all day. what section is that in as i did not see it. also i couldnt find the age limit they set for possesion.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
no, you cannot! you have 1 year to sell them outside of NY State or face confiscation and or criminal charges
you are incorrect. go up and re-read the damn link i posted

you can keep the tens. but are only suppposed to load 7 rounds.<< dumbest law ever but its there. its the 30rounds you can't keep.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #150

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell

In their service weapon? I don't know about that...sounds stupid and irresponsible...wait a minute...it all sounds stupid and irresponsible so it may just be true. Leave the high caps for the gang bangers and thugs, leave the police and lac with seven rounds to defend themselves with. Yup, sounds like a tenuous plan to me!
I was amazed when I heard it too, but 2 NY legislators defending the bill on Hannity just confirmed it (then admitted they are going to go back a take a further look at it). The ignorance up there in the NY senate is simply staggering!!!!!! To add; it's not that they barred police from carrying full mags, but failed to write an exemption for LEO's in the bill for more than 7.

Note: Hannity is my sole source on this one.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 01-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.