The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
First of all when born in a certain location it's difficult to relocate. People live their entire lives living near volcanoes, or in places like Alaska where half the year it's night and freezing. If you have a job with years invested in it and have a nice pension waiting for you it wouldn't be too simple to give that up, or even wise. As you get older like myself and have kids and grand kids it isn't easy to separate yourself from them unless you hate them, as well as elderly parents.

[snip] .... [/snip]

It's would be ironic for a NY'er like myself to go south, because my ancestors have been traced back to the 1700's with family living in NC and great great grandfather's family of 11 kids leaving NY for Tenn. in the early 1800's and then marrying a Cherokee.

As a former Southerner (VA,NC,SC,TN)... I can say that there are a whole lot of DAMNYANKEES living there now. You'll feel right at home.

And as someone mentioned earlier... no one will call you a DAMNYANKEE , at least to your face.

Really.. in the last 30 years or so... more and more people have moved from the North to the South... Not just Florida. I moved to Colorado from Wilmington, NC. Corning INC was the largest employer in that town. There were WAY more New Yorkers there than native southerners.

That is happening in more and more cities. It used to be Southern Industry (no unions), but more and more, it's high-tech business.

For me... I hate the weather. That's why I moved West. And so far, our gun laws are still good.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

Last edited by pnolans; 01-16-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #122

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I would like to say I am sorry for all of you new Yorkers. I am sorry that the constitution did not win out, I am sorry that the law abiding members of society are now less sad because of a law shoved down the throats of Americans in your state. I am sorry for the hard times that many of you face In the near future. I however am not sorry for the soon to be jobless politicians in your state. Good luck in the coming months fighting this illegal bs and fighting the crime that is sure to start sweeping across your state.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #123

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Well, Citizens of the State of New York, the ball is in your court. Do you sit passively by and allow your 2nd Amendment Rights to be further Infringed or do you take up arms, march on the Capitol and demand the resignations of those in your State Congress who passed this bill and of Gov. Cuomo who has IMHO become the Dictator of New York.
If you won't stand up and use the 2nd Amendment for what the Founding Fathers intended it to be used for, i.e. to Stop government Tyranny, then IMHO you don't deserve the Right to own firearms in the first place.

This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Well, Citizens of the State of New York, the ball is in your court. Do you sit passively by and allow your 2nd Amendment Rights to be further Infringed or do you take up arms, march on the Capitol and demand the resignations of those in your State Congress who passed this bill and of Gov. Cuomo who has IMHO become the Dictator of New York.
If you won't stand up and use the 2nd Amendment for what the Founding Fathers intended it to be used for, i.e. to Stop government Tyranny, then IMHO you don't deserve the Right to own firearms in the first place.
Ibthink we all agree what the second is meant for, but I believe it is too soon to be taking up arms. It was meant to be a last resort to stop tyranny. Even though they are getting one right stripped from them does not mean they still can't fight it in the courts. There has to be something that can be done to stop the tyranny without shots being fired in anger. If after all other avenues have been exhausted,tthen there will be a time to act. Either way, if that time is now or in 2 years, they should not be posting their plans on a public forum. That would kinda take away the element of surprise giving the already stronger government forces another advantage...

Old 01-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
Ibthink we all agree what the second is meant for, but I believe it is too soon to be taking up arms.
So you basically want to wait for EVERYONE in the U.S. to be totally disarmed then we can fight with stick and rocks, is that what you're saying?
When the government passes laws that take Citizens firearms from them that is EXACTLY the time to Take Up Arms, it was what pushed our Founding Fathers to the point of Taking Up Arms and it should be the "line in the sand" where we also Take Up Arms.
They either do it NOW while they're still armed or they won't have a chance later when they're totally disarmed.
This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #126

Quote:
So you basically want to wait for EVERYONE in the U.S. to be totally disarmed then we can fight with stick and rocks, is that what you're saying?
When the government passes laws that take Citizens firearms from them that is EXACTLY the time to Take Up Arms, it was what pushed our Founding Fathers to the point of Taking Up Arms and it should be the "line in the sand" where we also Take Up Arms.
They either do it NOW while they're still armed or they won't have a chance later when they're totally disarmed.
If that is how u feel, I suggest u go to ny and lead them.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #127

Quote:
If that is how u feel, I suggest u go to ny and lead them.
If we could get about 500,000 firearms owners to go I'd be more then happy to lead them. I'm not stupid enough to go alone though.
This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #128

Quote:
If we could get about 500,000 firearms owners to go I'd be more then happy to lead them. I'm not stupid enough to go alone though.
I don't think you're stupid at all. I think there is a time for everything, I dont think it is time for a last resort type of action...yet.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #129

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
I don't think you're stupid at all. I think there is a time for everything, I dont think it is time for a last resort type of action...yet.
And there is the billion dollar question. When is it the right time? I am not advocating the people take up arms against the government at this time but when is the time right? How many freedoms and rights do they need to take away before people push back?

Legal gun owners of New York (well now probably some illegal gun owners) I feel really bad for y'all and stand behind you 100%.

Let your reps know how you feel about your 2nd Amendment Right.

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

TNFrank Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
And there is the billion dollar question. When is it the right time?
This is my point as well. If the gun owners of the U.S. would have pushed back and said "NO!" in 1934 when they rammed the '34 NFA up our butts then maybe things wouldn't have gotten so out of hand but we took it and lived with it and ended up getting the '68 GCA and the '86 Firearms Owners Protection Act and the '94 AWB and now this crap in NY State. Enough is a frickin' nough. It's time to stand up and do SOMETHING aggressive and that'll send a clear message to these jerks instead of just saying "well, we'll try to vote em' out of office" or "Well, we'll wait to see what the NRA will do." Hogwash, drag em' out of the State Congress chambers at gun point, tar and feather em' and run em' out of the State on a rail.
STAND UP AND DEFEND YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS FOR GOD SAKE!!!!
This is the War Room!"