Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The New York gun control provisions expected to be passed Monday cover several fronts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
First of all when born in a certain location it's difficult to relocate. People live their entire lives living near volcanoes, or in places like Alaska where half the year it's night and freezing. If you have a job with years invested in it and have a nice pension waiting for you it wouldn't be too simple to give that up, or even wise. As you get older like myself and have kids and grand kids it isn't easy to separate yourself from them unless you hate them, as well as elderly parents.

At this time I've reached the end of my rope and have family members which include my sister and her family and my elderly parents who purchased homes in SC. When their homes are sold this year they will be gone. I love the gun laws down there at this time before any federal changes, but I'm waiting to see how they like it there as well.

It's would be ironic for a NY'er like myself to go south, because my ancestors have been traced back to the 1700's with family living in NC and great great grandfather's family of 11 kids leaving NY for Tenn. in the early 1800's and then marrying a Cherokee.

Our governor's father Mario Cuomo proves that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but since his son was married to a Kennedy I believed he's been infected with a disease commonly known as communism. The republicans with a few exceptions sold their souls without a fight and are now finished for good, at least in NYS.
I packed up and moved halfway across the country after living most of my life in a county where my family goes back to the 1850's. if the reason for moving is good, then the decision to move is easier to make.
SC is better than NY because, well, it's in The South, and it ain't NY.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #112

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
lots of reasons.. my link has aprox. 20 acres of woods, less taxes, and way less expense.
That does look good.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #113

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I packed up and moved halfway across the country after living most of my life in a county where my family goes back to the 1850's. if the reason for moving is good, then the decision to move is easier to make.
SC is better than NY because, well, it's in The South, and it ain't NY.
One of my sisters lived for a while in Broken Arrow. Most any place would be better than here.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #114
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

So how soon until the lawyers file a Constitutional challenge in court?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #115

Some female republican senator is talking about a petition to gut parts of the bill. Good luck to her, cause with the allies she's got in her party she's gonna need all the luck she can get. Forget NYC, but upstate residents from both parties have to be incensed enough to put tremendous pressure on the emperor of NYS. He's strutting around Albany as proud as a peacock. Plenty of people will be popping valium tonight. Guess I'll join them.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #116

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

"—Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current 10."

Yeah those 3 less bullets are really gonna make people safer.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #117

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava View Post
Amazing. 7 also seems completely arbitrary. I'm sure there is some reason for it.
Yeah, by doing that, they've just banned all semi-automatic handguns.

Last edited by Merkava_4; 01-16-2013 at 04:55 AM.
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkava_4 View Post
Yeah, by doing that, they're just banned all semi-automatic handguns.
They even did better than that, cause if you read the bill they invented a new type of firearm. It's called a community gun. Yes a community gun is any gun that's shared with another. You have to be on LSD to invent this crap.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #119

I would hate to live in NY. If you support our constitution, you should leave and let thugs have it. We could send all our nut cases up there and have a great country.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #120

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xave View Post
Keep your guns and hi cap mags. They cant fit us all in jail........can they?
Would you really want to be one of the first they use to make an EXAMPLE of ?

I've seen judges do it before.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.