Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   New York fights S.A.F.E. act at the local level (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/new-york-fights-s-f-e-act-local-level-85632/)

downsouth 03-02-2013 11:46 PM

New York fights S.A.F.E. act at the local level

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 88481

I wish them every bit of luck.

downsouth 03-02-2013 11:48 PM

That would be (local) level. Geeze I did it again. Those titles can be so unforgiving.

dog2000tj 03-02-2013 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a better graphic ...Attachment 88482

notice the white areas surrounded by the green/yellow areas :cool: Of all the places, who would have thought that liberal NY would put up the kind of fight we need to protect 2A? :o

Next time anyone wants to tout how there state is a better 2A supporter than NY, remember this map and ask yourself ... what are you doing? :cool:

downsouth 03-03-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1161010)
Here's a better graphic ...

notice the white areas surrounded by the green/yellow areas :cool: Of all the places, who would have thought that liberal NY would put up the kind of fight we need to protect 2A? :o

Next time anyone wants to tout how there state is a better 2A supporter than NY, remember this map and ask yourself ... what are you doing? :cool:

My state, Mississippi is going 180 degrees from the safe act. Several other states in the south have as well.

dog2000tj 03-03-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 1161026)
My state, Mississippi is going 180 degrees from the safe act. Several other states in the south have as well.

as well they should ... but if the folks of NY can put up this kind of fight than all is not lost in places like MA, NJ, MD, IL or CA ;)

80,000,000 firearms owners probably makes up the single largest demographic group in the history of the US ... it's long past time they stood shoulder to shoulder and made their voice heard as 1 :cool:

Daoust_Nat 03-03-2013 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=dog2000tj;1161010]Here's a better graphic ...Attachment 88482

notice the white areas surrounded by the green/yellow areas :cool: Of all the places, who would have thought that liberal NY would put up the kind of fight we need to protect 2A? :o QUOTE]

I think most of the liberals in New York stae are on that white island at the bottom right of the map. I do a fair amount of business in Elmira and the Buffalo area. None of those people are happy with this crap. Quite a few would like to cecede from New York and leave it to the turds in the city, but the turds in the city are too willing to stick with the rest for all of the tax money they swallow up from the rest of the state.

In 1983 I was offered a job in Woodstock, NY. I found then that the property tax for a 1750 sq foot, 15 year old house on 3/4 of an acre, was worth over $4000 in property taxes. With the greater income tax and higher sales taxes to support NYC, I could not afford to take the job. The raise they offered was not enough money to cover the taxes!

No, most of NY State has had their fill of NYC.

dog2000tj 03-03-2013 09:01 PM

and now many NY'rs are showing it ... they deserve all the support we can give them :cool:

RUG3R44 03-04-2013 02:18 PM

I'm surprised. I figured all the New England states would cave to Obama. I'll pray for 'em.

Ben91 03-04-2013 04:41 PM

This settles my stomach. This PA resident has been looking at NY as "the plague victim next door".

tellmaster207 03-04-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUG3R44
I'm surprised. I figured all the New England states would cave to Obama. I'll pray for 'em.

NY is not a New England State. Far from it.

Connecticut, Mass & Rhode Island are the Communist anti 2A States in New England.

New Hampshire, Vermont & Maine have arguably the best 2A rights for citizens in the country.

Governor LaPage already said that Maine will not under any circumstances go along with any kind of a federal weapons ban.

Vermont doesn't require a concealed carry permit @ all.

New Hampshire state motto isn't "don't tread on me" for nothing. You want to get a gun off a real native from NH you better make damn sure he's very, very dead.