New Tax? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Tax?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Default Not Through a Tax, but by Regulation - or Executive Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by camiller View Post
That been floating around for a year or so, I seriously doubt it will go anywhere. There are just too many easier ways to tax than installing GPS milage trackers on every vehicle in the US and readers at many gas stations, like for example taxing gas. This will never even be brought up in congress, there are many other more dangerous things the Government does that we should focus on.
I must respectfully disagree with you as we're already paying $0.80 per gallon fuel tax. Did you not know? While I agree with you that the current congress probably wouldn't consider a bill like this, I doubt the administration would ask them to, they'd much rather implement it by regulation. For that matter, all the President has to do is declare excessive gasoline consumption a "national emergency" and order it done by Executive Order under the Emergency Powers Act. Don't think that would fly as a "national emergency", how about the national debt? Never say never.

The BATFE isn't asking congress to pass a law banning the importation of foreign made shotguns they deem as having "No Sporting Purpose", no they're wanting to do it by regulation. The EPA hasn't asked congress to pass the administration's "Cap & Trade (Tax)" idea, no they're trying to do it by regulation. Just as the EPA tried to ban ammunition containing lead by regulation. It was only through the efforts of informed conservative activists who called, e-mailed and faxed their members of congress that caused the EPA to stop its planned ban.

This administration LOVES having the power to regulate, one could even call it "legislation by regulation", "taxation through regulation" or both. We, as "the people" who are effected by these draconian regulations cannot afford to simply ignore those we think are "not important" or focus only on a single issue. In the words of Edmond Burke, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Old 05-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #12

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1943

"Those who don't remember history are condemned to repeat it."

I believe "taxation without representation" caused the very bloody

revolution which created this country.

Will taxation without representation cause another bloody revolution,

and the downfall of this country?

Maybe WE should put a tracking chip in our politicians...

...what's sauce for the goose seems to be less and less sauce for

the gander.

Last edited by therewolf; 05-16-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:39 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
I must respectfully disagree with you as we're already paying $0.80 per gallon fuel tax. Did you not know? While I agree with you that the current congress probably wouldn't consider a bill like this, I doubt the administration would ask them to, they'd much rather implement it by regulation. For that matter, all the President has to do is declare excessive gasoline consumption a "national emergency" and order it done by Executive Order under the Emergency Powers Act. Don't think that would fly as a "national emergency", how about the national debt? Never say never.

The BATFE isn't asking congress to pass a law banning the importation of foreign made shotguns they deem as having "No Sporting Purpose", no they're wanting to do it by regulation. The EPA hasn't asked congress to pass the administration's "Cap & Trade (Tax)" idea, no they're trying to do it by regulation. Just as the EPA tried to ban ammunition containing lead by regulation. It was only through the efforts of informed conservative activists who called, e-mailed and faxed their members of congress that caused the EPA to stop its planned ban.

This administration LOVES having the power to regulate, one could even call it "legislation by regulation", "taxation through regulation" or both. We, as "the people" who are effected by these draconian regulations cannot afford to simply ignore those we think are "not important" or focus only on a single issue. In the words of Edmond Burke, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
Yes, I know that there is a $0.184 per gallon federal tax and an average state tax of $0.272 for a total average tax of $0.456 per gallon on average. I still think it would be easier to increase the gas tax than implement the idea of installing GPS on every car. Further, taxing by mile doesn't penalize folks that driver clunkers (like me) or other low efficiency vehicles, which would be the opposite of what eco-freak liberals would want.

Yes, all administrations love their regulatory authority, that doesn't mean the congress doesn't have some oversight authority (see the Congressional Review Act of '96).

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 05-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I said it once, I'll say it again. The Obama administration, as was Bush jr, Clinton, Bush sr, & Reagan before, are puppet administrations beholden to the Bilderberg Group, as are current presidents and prime ministers around the globe today to create a New World Order so as to give them the greatest control of our lives, destinies and economy. Doesn't matter who is in office. They are merely puppets on a string. The office of presidency is just a figure head in the scheme of things. It has no profound meaning anymore.

The main agenda given them is to expedite the New World Order for this new millennium, the 21st century. In order to do that successfully America must first be economically devastated by removing jobs overseas, creating homelessness, dumbing-down the public, destroying their education systems, widening the racial divide, and dousing the airwaves with more political propaganda.

And they are succeeding! But they know that the greatest restraint will come from Americans, hence, the diminishing of our constitutional rights little by little, and installing a new training program that deals primarily with martial law. Is it no wonder why Femma is under Homeland Security, and has been ordered to purchase one million body bags and hundreds of thousands of plastic coffins? Even vacated penitentiaries has been purchased with hundreds of Femma trailers already installed on the grounds.

60 Mintues once did a special coverage on this. But it was just the tip of the iceberg. The winds of change are blowing all right. But not the way we who still dream the American Dream would want.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 05-17-2011 at 01:37 PM.