New Tax?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Tax?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default New Tax?

So will we be looking at a new tax?

Obama administration floats draft plan to tax cars by the mile - The Hill's Floor Action

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

When did we ever stop tarring and feathering politicians? And why?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That been floating around for a year or so, I seriously doubt it will go anywhere. There are just too many easier ways to tax than installing GPS milage trackers on every vehicle in the US and readers at many gas stations, like for example taxing gas. This will never even be brought up in congress, there are many other more dangerous things the Government does that we should focus on.

2010: "Of course I'll waive my rights. I don't want to miss my connecting flight."

Old 05-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
When did we ever stop tarring and feathering politicians? And why?
Those are probably the most profound and salient questions I've heard in a very long time. Bravo!

It's never too late to fix a mistake...

Old 05-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #5

Liked 2605 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

So Obama's pissing off all shooters AND drivers.

Is this guy going for a world record?

What's he gonna tax next, PETS?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
So Obama's pissing off all shooters AND drivers.

Is this guy going for a world record?

What's he gonna tax next, PETS?
They already do. The tax is called a license.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-14-2011, 04:48 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

you know this is one reason our founding fathers fought for back in the revolution, why do we sit here and stand for this?

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
you know this is one reason our founding fathers fought for back in the revolution, why do we sit here and stand for this?
I think this sums up the reason rather nicely. "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards." ...Claire Wolf

I don't think we're quite ready to shoot the bastards while there's still hope that we can change things by peaceful means, such as voting those selfsame bastards out.

I believe that there are more than enough patriots who will stand if and when it becomes necessary.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:53 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 402 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 602

If the gummint wanted to tax based on miles traveled it would be much easier to do that at the tag office when you buy your yearly license plate sticker. Since its already a felony to monkey with an odometer it would be a fairly good gauge of your taxable mileage.
But that would make way too much sense and take away the big bruvva real time tracking ability that this whole idea is really based on. It's not about taxes and revenue. It's about control.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
If the gummint wanted to tax based on miles traveled it would be much easier to do that at the tag office when you buy your yearly license plate sticker. Since its already a felony to monkey with an odometer it would be a fairly good gauge of your taxable mileage.
But that would make way too much sense and take away the big bruvva real time tracking ability that this whole idea is really based on. It's not about taxes and revenue. It's about control.
Soon we will have tracking chips embedded in our necks and will be taxed for every mile waked on public property.

Out in the sticks with the squirrels and the ticks and my 30-06