Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   New Tax? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/new-tax-42435/)

GonzoLonzo 05-13-2011 03:48 PM

New Tax?
 
So will we be looking at a new tax?


Obama administration floats draft plan to tax cars by the mile - The Hill's Floor Action

CA357 05-13-2011 03:57 PM

When did we ever stop tarring and feathering politicians? And why?

camiller 05-13-2011 06:47 PM

That been floating around for a year or so, I seriously doubt it will go anywhere. There are just too many easier ways to tax than installing GPS milage trackers on every vehicle in the US and readers at many gas stations, like for example taxing gas. This will never even be brought up in congress, there are many other more dangerous things the Government does that we should focus on.

bkt 05-13-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 503791)
When did we ever stop tarring and feathering politicians? And why?

Those are probably the most profound and salient questions I've heard in a very long time. Bravo!

It's never too late to fix a mistake... :D

therewolf 05-13-2011 11:52 PM

So Obama's pissing off all shooters AND drivers.

Is this guy going for a world record?

What's he gonna tax next, PETS?

CA357 05-14-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 503999)
So Obama's pissing off all shooters AND drivers.

Is this guy going for a world record?

What's he gonna tax next, PETS?

They already do. The tax is called a license.

wmille01 05-14-2011 03:48 AM

you know this is one reason our founding fathers fought for back in the revolution, why do we sit here and stand for this?

CA357 05-14-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmille01 (Post 504162)
you know this is one reason our founding fathers fought for back in the revolution, why do we sit here and stand for this?

I think this sums up the reason rather nicely. "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system and too soon to shoot the bastards." ...Claire Wolf

I don't think we're quite ready to shoot the bastards while there's still hope that we can change things by peaceful means, such as voting those selfsame bastards out.

I believe that there are more than enough patriots who will stand if and when it becomes necessary.

RJMercer 05-15-2011 03:53 AM

If the gummint wanted to tax based on miles traveled it would be much easier to do that at the tag office when you buy your yearly license plate sticker. Since its already a felony to monkey with an odometer it would be a fairly good gauge of your taxable mileage.
But that would make way too much sense and take away the big bruvva real time tracking ability that this whole idea is really based on. It's not about taxes and revenue. It's about control.

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp 05-15-2011 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJMercer (Post 504709)
If the gummint wanted to tax based on miles traveled it would be much easier to do that at the tag office when you buy your yearly license plate sticker. Since its already a felony to monkey with an odometer it would be a fairly good gauge of your taxable mileage.
But that would make way too much sense and take away the big bruvva real time tracking ability that this whole idea is really based on. It's not about taxes and revenue. It's about control.

Soon we will have tracking chips embedded in our necks and will be taxed for every mile waked on public property.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.