New Pro Gun Tactic - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Pro Gun Tactic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Years ago I attended a Limo ride/bachelor party for buddy. He happens to work in architecture in Portland OR, worked with a Gay Architect, and invited him and his partner along.

That night of bar hopping generated some interesting conversation. The gay architect simply could not believe that a conservative, Christian gun owner, had zero interest in oppressing his rights.

Hour later... After covering every gay topic ranging from Aids/HIV to Gays in the Military to Gay Marriage, he was still not convinced... But his partner was. And when the architect finally crossed the line into personal attacks, I reminded him that I was not his boyfriend... I did not regard him as a "lady" and that I would not hesitate to beat his ass in front of his future husband.

To his parners credit, he grabed his future wife and told him to knock it off or he'd sit back and watch me rearange the architects teeth.

Moral of the story... This group has it's radicals like any other group... but it also has it's "reasonable" members and these folks will embrace our plight if we only have the courage to extend a hand.

But it's got to be more than a symbolic gesture. We can show the causational link of two very different groups both pushing thier "Civil Liberty" agenda without needing to endorse their lifestyle. In fact, it's more powerful if we do not embrace their issue.

A good example, in my mind, would be OC support at your next local
Gay rights event.

The media will assume your there in opposition so you'd need to carry signs with slogans like:

"Civil Right are Universal" and:

"Gay's, Guns, Speech, Expression, it's all about Civil Rights"

When questioned by reporters the simple message should be:

"our pressence is not about endorsing or opposing gay rights... It's about our belief that all Americans deserve to be heard and to demonstrate in peace without fear of violence... we are here to ensure these demonstrators enjoy that safety."

Tack

Tack

Old 05-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #12

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I don't see a problem wit hit. I'm sure there are a lot of gay gun owners. The gun owners cause is one of personal liberty. No matter whom the person might be.

The reality is people love to organize people into their little boxes. It's human nature. The problem in this comes when we have to realize that people might fit in more than one box. Kind of like a democrat gun lover or maybe a Log Cabin Republican. Some can't see outside of their personal box and that is where ads use that to their advantage.

Personally I don't care if you are a transsexual gay person that worships a head of lettuce (the mental pic of that boggles the mind!). If you are a proponent of personal liberty then you have a better understanding of being American than many others. No matter who you roll over and see in bed. All the other stuff can be sorted out when you meet your maker (or salad fixins) when your time is done here.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #13

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Regardless of any Societal affiliations be they 180 degrees apart,we are ether pro Second Amendment or anti Second Amendment with infringements,no ifs ands or buts about it.

I mean come on,this fight started in 1968 it is now 2013,and gun ownership is still not chiseled in granite,why?