Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Pro Gun Tactic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default New Pro Gun Tactic

This is a different approach...

http://news.yahoo.com/aren-t-going-t-homophobes-mysterious-pro-firearm-164612477.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5814 Times on 3176 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Reckon it's true?

No offense and none taken

Old 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #3

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Five Million members of the NRA are pro-gun. We really don't need to be categorized beyond our efforts for second Amendments issues. We don't need our cause fragmented by other political issues. Are they supporting us or using us?

Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5814 Times on 3176 Posts
Likes Given: 11007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Are they supporting us or using us?
Whoever is not against us is with us... And I'll take all the help I can get.

No offense and none taken

Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 PM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I don't like it. I don't think they should combine two issues like this.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2725 Posts
Likes Given: 5862

Im glad to see its not just Conservative Christians that are gun toters but not shocked. The message is clearly more important than the Messenger. We dont need to group hug Gays but should recognize that they feel the same about the BOR's as we do but shunning them because they choose same sex relationships will only encourage them to support folks that wont shun them or their money.

Must be the Dems promise of securing their futures in the court room instead of supporting their right to self defend hasnt made them feel any safer!

Its time we think about groups differently than we have in the past, The NRA isnt a social group, its a single topic action committee. The only litmus test for participating should be the protection of the 2A for every citizen pure and simple. If we let our biases interfere in that cause, we will divide and lose, not unite and win. We must not allow the Political Party atmosphere of the big 2 to enter the battlefield of protecting our specific rights otherwise we have zero power as a group.

Republicrats are attacking the 2A, the only way to defend it is as citizens united; weve never done ourselves a single favor by eliminating supporters cause they dont look or act like the rest of "us". Honestly, group think along broad spectrum's isnt real for nearly any grouping of individuals. When we do parse supporters like petunias, all we get is a new Borge, we dont need another Political Action Committee, we will only win if citizens unite behind our Unalienable Rights!

That doesnt mean those joining the ranks of freedom fighters should bring other prerequisites to the table under the guise of defending the 2A; nor should we ask of them to deny their other personal choices for the right to stand with us. This isnt about gated community choices, its about citizen rights that were bestowed upon us before we were born.

The reason weve lost so much in such a short time is weve failed to rally behind things that matter so that we can meet on common ground that dont matter so much to everyone. Homogeneous is for milk and rights, not personal proclivities and political opportunities. I will stand beside all my brothers and sisters who defend freedom and rights no matter who they choose to sleep with unless its the enemy, tyranny!

Fighting for our Rights as an American is noble and justified, lets recognize our common rights and responsibilities without clouding the water with personal opinions that can only distract from our common cause, that which is bigger than what makes us all different; The Constitution and Our BOR's.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #7

Liked 2403 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 1891

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Reckon it's true?
I reckon so, because truth is always stranger than fiction.

Maybe this will jog some homophobe hoplophobes to becoming

pro-gun, for protection against perverts with pistols.

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1662 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 530

Everyone has the right to defend themselves. It does not matter what your ethnic, religious or sexual bias is. The cowards and fools that want everyone disarmed because of their fears do not discriminate.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #9

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

We need TV commercial time,with Mike Rowe reciting our Second Amendment Right,with a pointer stick,and the Second Amendment on screen in the background,with Mike Rowe talking slowly and pointing to every word in our Second Amendment Right!

Perhaps then our college educated genus people,privet or in public service Feds or State,can absorb it's true meaning,that a 5th grader can understand,but not many in power who make our laws.

Older members here at this site may remember,in the early 90s when NRA members attended anti-gun rallies,we handed out posters to the anti-gun crowd,the posters stated,"THIS IS A GUN FREE HOME"guess what we had no takers from the anti-gun crowd..

Old 05-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #10

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Webley spells it out perfectly...

Civil Rights are Universal and should be defended by ALL regardless of any personal bias.

The left VS right charade has been used by the Demo-craps and Repulicrats for decades to give the illusion of choice and to fragment the American people into special interest sub groups... too small to be effective on there own and too fearful to ever unify behind a common message.

Yes... our sub group is the largest and wields the most power but that does not mean we can rest on our laurels.

Personally... I don't care who you sleep with. That issue is between you and God... and I'm not him.

Charlton Heston marched with Dr. King and in his quiet way was linking gun rights to all civil liberties.

The freedoms of Speech and Expression, Arms, Assembly, ECT... are ALL civil liberties that should be defended by ALL.

Bashing Gays... or Flag Burners... While chanting 2A, 2A, 2A hurts our cause and makes us no better than the hypocrites who oppose us.

Like it or not... The one "typically liberal" sub group who is under threat of actual physical attack are gays and gay rights supporters.

Regardless of our personal or religious beliefs/objections to this lifestyle, we should all be vehemently opposed to anyone being attacked... or killed because of their sexual orientation.

None of us need to jump on the Gay bandwagon but all of us should be ready to defend their civil right to live in peace and defend themselves.

Tack

People Like This