Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   New Pro Gun Tactic (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/new-pro-gun-tactic-91153/)

Jagermeister 05-23-2013 06:29 PM

New Pro Gun Tactic

This is a different approach...

http://news.yahoo.com/aren-t-going-t-homophobes-mysterious-pro-firearm-164612477.html

MisterMcCool 05-23-2013 10:04 PM

Reckon it's true?

nitestalker 05-23-2013 10:41 PM

Five Million members of the NRA are pro-gun. We really don't need to be categorized beyond our efforts for second Amendments issues. We don't need our cause fragmented by other political issues. Are they supporting us or using us?:confused:

MisterMcCool 05-24-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
Are they supporting us or using us?

Whoever is not against us is with us... And I'll take all the help I can get. :)

Garadex 05-24-2013 10:15 PM

I don't like it. I don't think they should combine two issues like this.

WebleyFosbery38 05-25-2013 09:19 AM

Im glad to see its not just Conservative Christians that are gun toters but not shocked. The message is clearly more important than the Messenger. We dont need to group hug Gays but should recognize that they feel the same about the BOR's as we do but shunning them because they choose same sex relationships will only encourage them to support folks that wont shun them or their money.

Must be the Dems promise of securing their futures in the court room instead of supporting their right to self defend hasnt made them feel any safer!

Its time we think about groups differently than we have in the past, The NRA isnt a social group, its a single topic action committee. The only litmus test for participating should be the protection of the 2A for every citizen pure and simple. If we let our biases interfere in that cause, we will divide and lose, not unite and win. We must not allow the Political Party atmosphere of the big 2 to enter the battlefield of protecting our specific rights otherwise we have zero power as a group.

Republicrats are attacking the 2A, the only way to defend it is as citizens united; weve never done ourselves a single favor by eliminating supporters cause they dont look or act like the rest of "us". Honestly, group think along broad spectrum's isnt real for nearly any grouping of individuals. When we do parse supporters like petunias, all we get is a new Borge, we dont need another Political Action Committee, we will only win if citizens unite behind our Unalienable Rights!

That doesnt mean those joining the ranks of freedom fighters should bring other prerequisites to the table under the guise of defending the 2A; nor should we ask of them to deny their other personal choices for the right to stand with us. This isnt about gated community choices, its about citizen rights that were bestowed upon us before we were born.

The reason weve lost so much in such a short time is weve failed to rally behind things that matter so that we can meet on common ground that dont matter so much to everyone. Homogeneous is for milk and rights, not personal proclivities and political opportunities. I will stand beside all my brothers and sisters who defend freedom and rights no matter who they choose to sleep with unless its the enemy, tyranny!

Fighting for our Rights as an American is noble and justified, lets recognize our common rights and responsibilities without clouding the water with personal opinions that can only distract from our common cause, that which is bigger than what makes us all different; The Constitution and Our BOR's.

therewolf 05-25-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1256112)
Reckon it's true?

I reckon so, because truth is always stranger than fiction.

Maybe this will jog some homophobe hoplophobes to becoming

pro-gun, for protection against perverts with pistols.:D

Things just keep getting weirder and weirder.

JTJ 05-25-2013 01:14 PM

Everyone has the right to defend themselves. It does not matter what your ethnic, religious or sexual bias is. The cowards and fools that want everyone disarmed because of their fears do not discriminate.

HankStone 05-25-2013 01:48 PM

We need TV commercial time,with Mike Rowe reciting our Second Amendment Right,with a pointer stick,and the Second Amendment on screen in the background,with Mike Rowe talking slowly and pointing to every word in our Second Amendment Right!

Perhaps then our college educated genus people,privet or in public service Feds or State,can absorb it's true meaning,that a 5th grader can understand,but not many in power who make our laws.

Older members here at this site may remember,in the early 90s when NRA members attended anti-gun rallies,we handed out posters to the anti-gun crowd,the posters stated,"THIS IS A GUN FREE HOME"guess what we had no takers from the anti-gun crowd..

Tackleberry1 05-25-2013 02:38 PM

Webley spells it out perfectly...

Civil Rights are Universal and should be defended by ALL regardless of any personal bias.

The left VS right charade has been used by the Demo-craps and Repulicrats for decades to give the illusion of choice and to fragment the American people into special interest sub groups... too small to be effective on there own and too fearful to ever unify behind a common message.

Yes... our sub group is the largest and wields the most power but that does not mean we can rest on our laurels.

Personally... I don't care who you sleep with. That issue is between you and God... and I'm not him.

Charlton Heston marched with Dr. King and in his quiet way was linking gun rights to all civil liberties.

The freedoms of Speech and Expression, Arms, Assembly, ECT... are ALL civil liberties that should be defended by ALL.

Bashing Gays... or Flag Burners... While chanting 2A, 2A, 2A hurts our cause and makes us no better than the hypocrites who oppose us.

Like it or not... The one "typically liberal" sub group who is under threat of actual physical attack are gays and gay rights supporters.

Regardless of our personal or religious beliefs/objections to this lifestyle, we should all be vehemently opposed to anyone being attacked... or killed because of their sexual orientation.

None of us need to jump on the Gay bandwagon but all of us should be ready to defend their civil right to live in peace and defend themselves.

Tack