Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   New Polls Show! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/new-polls-show-81716/)

nitestalker 01-18-2013 01:24 PM

New Polls Show!

The NRA has a much higher rating than Hollywood or congress. They also show baning magazines at the bottom of crime problems. The number of progunners are higher today then 20 years ago.
Obama starting a Anti NRA Org. run by his campaign. Obama is finally going after more American Freedoms. He grew up in Africa where the power of the gun is only used by a Dictator.:eek:

Solon 01-18-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1099088)
The NRA has a much higher rating than Hollywood or congress. They also show baning magazines at the bottom of crime problems. The number of progunners are higher today then 20 years ago.
Obama starting a Anti NRA Org. run by his campaign. Obama is finally going after more American Freedoms. He grew up in Africa where the power of the gun is only used by a Dictator.:eek:

The trouble with trusting polls, is that they can be used to support any side of any issue depending on how you form the questions.First decide what conclusion you want to be true, then construct your poll to reach.it. You can get the exact same group to take both the pro and anti view of an issue just by the way you frame the questions.
Obama grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia. Demonizing him gets us nowhere. We have serious business to take care of.

nitestalker 01-19-2013 12:16 AM

Sorry if you love bad news. This is good news major polling. I can't imagine anyone thinking the Press is Going to ask pro gun people questions designed to make the NRA good?:rolleyes:

Solon 01-19-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 1099886)
Sorry if you love bad news. This is good news major polling. I can't imagine anyone thinking the Press is Going to ask pro gun people questions designed to make the NRA good?:rolleyes:

I hate bad news, and we've been getting a lot lately. My point is that polls are like buses...there'll be another one along in a minute. If you're the Bus driver you get to decide where it ends up. For any poll I'd want to look very carefully at how each question was framed. If the poll you referred to is a good one, that's great. I can't see pro gun people posting very many polls that say how bad guns are. The problem with the press is that most of them are completely inexperienced/uneducated about guns. I just heard a reporter call an AR a "rapid fire weapon" as if it fires faster than any other one shot per pull firearm. As soon as they take the time to learn what they're really talking about they are no longer given gun stories to report on. It pisses me off to hear basic error after basic error just repeated over and over like saying it will make it true. And we pro gun people can do the same type of thing.

nitestalker 01-19-2013 01:01 AM

He said what:rolleyes: