New poll on British gun laws - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New poll on British gun laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I'd be careful giving ground on even that, Tack. I believe shootings of criminals as well as suicides by gun are usually all lumped into the total of U.S. "gun homicides".

The gun controllers are real slippery with their numbers.
Sure they are. Our total numbers include everything from suicide to homicide to defensive shootings to LEO shootings... The gun control folks add em all up and try to convince soccer moms that there all 7 year olds shooting 5 year olds with grand dads gun.

My point was that even with the 10k to 11k annual gun deaths reported in the US... and England's much lower "gun death" rate... the overall violent crime rates for England VS U.S. are much higher in the UK as a percentage of there population.

Tack

Old 05-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Piers Morgan

Just trying to minimize the Morgan effect. There are far more sheep in the Falklands than people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
What did the fine folks of the Falklands ever do to you to wish something that horrible on them?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcshadow View Post
Just trying to minimize the Morgan effect. There are far more sheep in the Falklands than people.
Maybe we could air drop (without a parachute) him on the presidential palace of Argentina when Kirchner is giving one of her speeches.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #24

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
I'd be careful giving ground on even that, Tack. I believe shootings of criminals as well as suicides by gun are usually all lumped into the total of U.S. "gun homicides".

The gun controllers are real slippery with their numbers.
The most slippery? "Children" getting shot. It includes up to 26 year old drug-dealing gangbangers or something ridiculous shooting each other.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #25

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Sure they are. Our total numbers include everything from suicide to homicide to defensive shootings to LEO shootings... The gun control folks add em all up and try to convince soccer moms that there all 7 year olds shooting 5 year olds with grand dads gun.

My point was that even with the 10k to 11k annual gun deaths reported in the US... and England's much lower "gun death" rate... the overall violent crime rates for England VS U.S. are much higher in the UK as a percentage of there population.

Tack
Scotland has the highest violent crime rate in the WORLD. And that's with most rapes, they believe, going unreported, the experts say, because it is so common (I believe the sheep don't bahhhther to report it).

Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 AM   #26
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6957 Times on 3502 Posts
Likes Given: 7567

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Silencers are available for rifles, usual reason health and safety ( hearing ) and not disturbing live stock.
Really, a silencer is a safety device? Thats kinda bizarre, In the US, criminals use silencers so that others dont hear them killing people. I guess the extremes of packing in the shower seem a bit out there for me also but Ive caried a blade of some sort since I was 8 years old, I didnt think of defending myself with it as a kid but today it is my first line of defense.

You and I feel the same for completely different reasons. You dont carry anything because you have no fear of attack, you must live in a very safe place, England isnt low crime by most estimates even if its low on legal guns. Do you feel safer because your more likely to be stabbed or run over by a car than shot?

I dont carry a pistol because so many people I hang with, neighbors and others in places I go very often carry a pistol. I really dont have any fear of attack either but its because crooks dont hang out where citizens can and will fight back and quickly.

I have to add, I live in the boondocks; not much crime out here and I rarely go to cities anymore, they suck! I do keep my .22 on top of the fridge but thats mostly for eliminating critters, ASAP.

Manta, I think your a good enough guy, I dont think you would kill someone or rob them; just like 99% of your fellow Countrymen, generally law abiding citizens. Do you think allowing them to have a pistol would be a bad thing? I served served with some of your Military, they were just regular folks like me in uniform, why wouldnt they have the same right to defend themselves as defending the crown?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #27

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Web... I've got to challenge your silencer notion... I've been looking but have not found a single case is US History where a criminal used a silencer to supress the sound of murder?

I'm pretty sure this only happens in bad Hollywood Movies...

But the "fear" that they might be used this way has cost hearing loss and medical treatment costs in the hundreds of millions of dollars over the decades.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Really, a silencer is a safety device? Thats kinda bizarre, In the US, criminals use silencers so that others dont hear them killing people. I guess the extremes of packing in the shower seem a bit out there for me also but Ive caried a blade of some sort since I was 8 years old, I didnt think of defending myself with it as a kid but today it is my first line of defense.

You and I feel the same for completely different reasons. You dont carry anything because you have no fear of attack, you must live in a very safe place, England isnt low crime by most estimates even if its low on legal guns. Do you feel safer because your more likely to be stabbed or run over by a car than shot?

I dont carry a pistol because so many people I hang with, neighbors and others in places I go very often carry a pistol. I really dont have any fear of attack either but its because crooks dont hang out where citizens can and will fight back and quickly.

I have to add, I live in the boondocks; not much crime out here and I rarely go to cities anymore, they suck! I do keep my .22 on top of the fridge but thats mostly for eliminating critters, ASAP.

Manta, I think your a good enough guy, I dont think you would kill someone or rob them; just like 99% of your fellow Countrymen, generally law abiding citizens. Do you think allowing them to have a pistol would be a bad thing? I served served with some of your Military, they were just regular folks like me in uniform, why wouldnt they have the same right to defend themselves as defending the crown?
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 AM   #28

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Silencers are legal for hunting in many U.S. states. I have never known of one used in a crime. My state allows all hunting with a suppressor rabbit to bears and elk.
In 1935 the Left went nutts with their gun control laws. They included hand guns with shoulder stocks?? And "Silincers" neither of which were used in crimes even then.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM   #29

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I call it being realistic I am not sure about America but politicians in the UK if there is no votes in it for them it won't happen. And shooting in the UK is very much a minority pursuit compared with America so most of the population are anti gun or don't care either way.
Realistic? Yes, shootings are down, but according to your own government statistics....
Assault is up 49%
Rape is up 30%
And violent crime is up 42%....all since the gun ban took effect. Is that something you are proud of?

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 AM   #30

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post

Tack
And you're quite correct in that, bud. In fact, London's violent crime rate is up there with the Big 6 U.S. cities, IIRC.

In case you haven't already seen it, I think you'd enjoy this article. Well, maybe "enjoy" is the wrong word......

http://www.nrapublications.org/index.php/11688/london-burning/

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.