New Jersey - Smart Guns - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

New Jersey - Smart Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #21
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1727 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 4196

As for me, during a SHTF moment, I am not going to have time to fiddle around with a combination lock to put the bad guy down. I am the only "Smart Technology" that my firearms need.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

It will be a never-ending battle to keep our means of self defense, and other rights as well, against an increasingly tyrannical government. If you've ever watched the TV show "Bait Car", the cops have installed in the bait cars a means of shutting off the ignition by remote control. That will likely be standard on cars made in the future.
I'm waiting for the suggestion some turkey in Congress made a couple of years ago about making guns stamp the serial number of the gun on the bullets as they are fired.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #23
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
It will be a never-ending battle to keep our means of self defense, and other rights as well, against an increasingly tyrannical government. If you've ever watched the TV show "Bait Car", the cops have installed in the bait cars a means of shutting off the ignition by remote control. That will likely be standard on cars made in the future.
I'm waiting for the suggestion some turkey in Congress made a couple of years ago about making guns stamp the serial number of the gun on the bullets as they are fired.
Do you mean the micro stamping on the firing pins or actually stamping the bullet as it leaves the barrel?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 10-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
Do you mean the micro stamping on the firing pins or actually stamping the bullet as it leaves the barrel?
It was a totally stupid attempt by a senator who obviously had no knowledge of firearms and no common sense. He actually meant to stamp the serial number of the gun on the bullet. Apparently he didn't know that the cartridge case didn't go flying out of the gun with the bullet.
And those are the people who want to legislate our gun rights.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #25

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If I remember correctly, this was an idea some idiot in Califormia made.
The firingping was supposed to place a microstamp on the ejected shell, so it could be traced to the firearm used.

Only problem is, revolvers don`t eject any shells...... and if the person shooting that pistol picks up the used shells, I mean who knows, he might just be a reloader and needs the shells for reloading ammo, then that idea won`t work either.

It has also been proposed to have every round fixed with a serialnumber, and all ammo purchases should be registered.

It`s all aq pile of big crap.

But this Smart Gun scheiss (scheisse = german word for sh_t) is in the New Jersey lawand has been for some years now.
The company Armatix tried to make their products Trust Lock and Quicklock mandatory for every gun owner in germany by law.
It was proven, as shown in one of the videos I posted further up, that those systems are junk and can be removed by using a simple sanding machine within seconds.

The problems with smart technology is, specially taking the system Armatix is trying to place on the market, that you have to have a tollerance in the distance the watch must have to the pistol in order to function and that gives those who take the gun away from the owner a chance to still fire it, as shown on the video with Ralph Möller in the other video I posted.

In my humble opinion, it`s not smart, to ignore this issue due to a lack of publicity.
Once this system has been implemented successfully in one state, others will follow. Specially those states, that want and have a stricter gun law already.
It would only be a matter of time.

The company Armatix is fiddling together with Bloomberg and with the IANSA, that are also within the UN and also is involved in the Small Arms Treaty just signed by Obama.
One of the chairman from the IANSA is Mick North whose son was shot at the Dunblane schoolshooting in 1996 and was one of the leading players to have the gun ban pushed through in 1996/1997.

So I wouldn`t really underestimate this entire issue, because it goes much further, then just catches the eye on smart technology

Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #26
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1727 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 4196

It would next to impossible to police this law. I have plenty of gun locks at my house. They work great at securing my ammo boxes that I use for transporting bulk ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
If I remember correctly, this was an idea some idiot in Califormia made.
The firingping was supposed to place a microstamp on the ejected shell, so it could be traced to the firearm used.

Only problem is, revolvers don`t eject any shells...... and if the person shooting that pistol picks up the used shells, I mean who knows, he might just be a reloader and needs the shells for reloading ammo, then that idea won`t work either.

It has also been proposed to have every round fixed with a serialnumber, and all ammo purchases should be registered.

It`s all aq pile of big crap.

But this Smart Gun scheiss (scheisse = german word for sh_t) is in the New Jersey lawand has been for some years now.
The company Armatix tried to make their products Trust Lock and Quicklock mandatory for every gun owner in germany by law.
It was proven, as shown in one of the videos I posted further up, that those systems are junk and can be removed by using a simple sanding machine within seconds.

The problems with smart technology is, specially taking the system Armatix is trying to place on the market, that you have to have a tollerance in the distance the watch must have to the pistol in order to function and that gives those who take the gun away from the owner a chance to still fire it, as shown on the video with Ralph Möller in the other video I posted.

In my humble opinion, it`s not smart, to ignore this issue due to a lack of publicity.
Once this system has been implemented successfully in one state, others will follow. Specially those states, that want and have a stricter gun law already.It would only be a matter of time.

The company Armatix is fiddling together with Bloomberg and with the IANSA, that are also within the UN and also is involved in the Small Arms Treaty just signed by Obama.
One of the chairman from the IANSA is Mick North whose son was shot at the Dunblane schoolshooting in 1996 and was one of the leading players to have the gun ban pushed through in 1996/1997.

So I wouldn`t really underestimate this entire issue, because it goes much further, then just catches the eye on smart technology
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #27

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yeah well, for you it`s only New Jersey, here the EU Comission wants to tighten the gun laws in the entire EU, including these biometrical locks by law.....and that will be pretty much the end of legal gun ownership here in europe, since the cost would be far to high...

Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 450 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 940

"If I remember correctly, this was an idea some idiot in Califormia made.
The firingping was supposed to place a microstamp on the ejected shell, so it could be traced to the firearm used."
Kdog...

It is already on the books here in California. Our governor signed that a yr or so ago and Kamala Harris (our AG) is charged with enforcng it now.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #29

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Well..... I dont know why you gus are so against this, I bought mine last month
sg.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #30

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

This technology is worthless because short of a federal firearm registry and full confiscation,there will still be billions of old technology style guns in the hands of citizens,and criminals as well.
TDS92A Likes This