Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Jersey Gun Owners Needs Your Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Jersey Gun Owners Needs Your Help!

New Jersey Gun Owners Needs Your Help!

"NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

A588 would enable the Attorney General to ban handgun and rifle ammunition by executive fiat.

Common hunting, target, and self-defense ammunition would be subject to ban under A588, along with BB’s, airgun pellets, and plastic airsoft pellets!

Additional legislation being considered (A1013) could land gun owners in jail for refinished or damaged firearms that might be deemed “defaced” "

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/31510-nj-assembly-committee-to-consider-ammo-ban-more/

(Regardless whether you live in New Jersey or know someone who does. This information needs to get out to everyone.)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I can only give you a smart azz answer, it may not be you but, yall keep electing the same left wing anti-gun maroons into office. I do understand Delaware is nice this time of year. leave the high taxes behind and move if you can.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 01-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Yeah, that comes as no surprise. While it's wrong and arguably illegal (where is the precedent that allows banning a non-lethal thing like ammo? It's clearly an end-run around gun-banning laws.), NJ isn't so large that you can't drive to nearby New York where the laws are far more lax and buy ammo. Or Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, or head north to New Hampshire. Make it a day trip some Saturday and go nuts.

But I understand the principle of the issue. It sucks, and you should rally NJ citizens to speak out against this. Whether or not your politicians listen is another matter.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yeah, that comes as no surprise. While it's wrong and arguably illegal (where is the precedent that allows banning a non-lethal thing like ammo? It's clearly an end-run around gun-banning laws.), NJ isn't so large that you can't drive to nearby New York where the laws are far more lax and buy ammo. Or Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, or head north to New Hampshire. Make it a day trip some Saturday and go nuts.

But I understand the principle of the issue. It sucks, and you should rally NJ citizens to speak out against this. Whether or not your politicians listen is another matter.
A588 actually amends existing NJ law that already bans hollow points. The real risk is that the language in the amendment allows the Attorney General to ban by fiat any other ammo that he deems "as posing a threat to law enforcement." Given that flexibility and requiring absolutely no burden of proof leads many, including myself, to suspect that all ammo will one day meet that definition.

Unfortunately I do not share your faith in my fellow NJ residents to rise up and voice opposition, this is just the latest in an almost annual assault on gunowners' right in this state, most people just don't give a damn.

But if you all don't mind making some calls or sending some e-mail we appreciate all the help we can get...

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CONTACT MEMBERS OF THE ASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE!
TELL THEM TO VOTE "NO” ON A588 - BACKDOOR AMMUNITION BAN!
TELL THEM TO VOTE "NO” OR AMEND A1013 TO PROTECT HONEST GUN OWNERS FROM SEVERE UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!
MEMBERS OF THE NEW
JERSEYASSEMBLY LAW & PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE:

Charles Mainor (Chair) (D31)
AsmMainor@njleg.org
Phone: 201-536-7851
Fax: 201-536-7854
Gilbert L. Wilson (Vice Chair) (D5)
AsmWilson@njleg.org
Phone: 856-547-4800
Fax: 856-547-5496
Nelson T. Albano (D1)
AsmAlbano@njleg.org
Phone: 609-465-0700
Fax: 609-465-4578
Daniel R. Benson (D14)
AsmBenson@njleg.org
hone: 609-631-0198
Fax: 609-631-0324
Sean Connors (D33)
AsmConnors@njleg.org
Joseph Cryan (D20)
AsmCryan@njleg.org
Phone: 908-624-0880
Fax: 908-624-0587
Sean T. Kean (R30)
AsmKean@njleg.org
Phone: 732-974-0400
Fax: 732-974-2564
Gregory P. McGuckin (R10)
AsmMcGuckin@njleg.org
Phone: 732-974-0400
Fax: 732-840-9757
Erik Peterson (R23)
AsmPeterson@njleg.org
Phone: 908-238-0251
Fax: 908-238-0256
David P. Rible (R30)
AsmRible@njleg.org
Phone: 732-974-1719
Fax: 732-974-3615
Bonnie Watson Coleman (D15)
AswWatsonColeman@njleg.org
Phone: 609-292-0500
Fax: 609-633-2179

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2577 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 195

People get the government they deserve. The people of NJ must have done something VERY BAD in the past to get this kind of government. Rise up!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #6

I don't live in NJ, just trying to help out fellow gun owners. Its not just NJ either, Illinois is facing an assault weapons ban legislation and there is a one gun a month legislation in West Virginia. But NJ needs our help, whether or not we live there. We all share a common bond as PRO 2A gun rights advocates.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #7

Liked 4513 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

KTALGSTO

Above acronym was coined by me while serving in Korea alongside our S Korean "allies?"

Sure NAM vets felt the same.

Beginning to think this may shortly apply to all elected officials.

Tack

Old 01-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
KTALGSTO

Above acronym was coined by me while serving in Korea alongside our S Korean "allies?"

Sure NAM vets felt the same.

Beginning to think this may shortly apply to all elected officials.

Tack
Not many, I suspect, will ever be in God's presence...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-29-2012, 05:21 AM   #9

Liked 4513 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Not many, I suspect, will ever be in God's presence...
Good point, perhaps G should be changed to an S...

Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is what I was thinking robocop10mm. Things will not change there until people decide they have had enough and elect a different crop of people to office.
ChuckD

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
People get the government they deserve. The people of NJ must have done something VERY BAD in the past to get this kind of government. Rise up!