Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New Jersey to ban ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

The "upside " to this story line is the bills were killed thanks to the alert/timely efforts of the NJ Rifle and Pistol Association !

FWIW, proponents of this legislation worked hard to make it a "last minute" part of business in hopes it would pass without opposition . Their underhanded tactic - thanks to NJ gun owners and orgs - failed ! But all gun owners - and anyone cherishing the freedoms expounded in our
Constitution - needs must be cognizant that our unceasing vigilance is just but one of the "costs of freedom" we needs must pay

1 >MW

Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #12

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Makes you wonder if/when the day will come when you wake up and find out that you cant buy ammo anymore because they truly did sneak one under the radar...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #13

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Glad to hear that they stopped this nonsense. Now if the voters can get the slimeballs who tried to pull this off out of office it would be a great start to taking the state back.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 02-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #14

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Who are the law abiding citizens hurting by purchasing ammunition for THEIR guns? Oh yeah, nobody. This crap wouldn't fly in my state, it would hurt the economy more than it already is. Firearm deer season is a $500,000,000 industry alone. And that's just 1 hunting season. Any caliber/gauge that can take down a deer can also hurt a cop.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 02-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #15

Glad it didn't go past committee. Although, it would have been silly to proceed. I'm pretty sure that someone stood up and said "you know that there's no such thing as 'handgun calibers, right'?"

There's a law similar to that in Florida, where if you're under a certain age, you can't buy ammo for a pistol, but you can for a rifle. Heard that during my hunter's ed course. Everyone immediately asked "But what about .22 ammo?"

The guy giving the lecture just shook his head and said "Yeah, I know."

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #16

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

In that regard, some retailers just ask what the intended use is. Always answer "rifle".

Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I read an article about this subject a while back. The writer basically said that if the anti-gunners can't get rid of the guns, they'll go after the next best thing. He said to expect attempts to ban ammo, tax it, and do whatever they can to make it more difficult for people to get.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #18

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
In that regard, some retailers just ask what the intended use is. Always answer "rifle".
Yep. Some stores I've been to sell pistol rounds for rifle use. More sales.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 02-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #19

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrinavatan
Glad it didn't go past committee. Although, it would have been silly to proceed. I'm pretty sure that someone stood up and said "you know that there's no such thing as 'handgun calibers, right'?"

There's a law similar to that in Florida, where if you're under a certain age, you can't buy ammo for a pistol, but you can for a rifle. Heard that during my hunter's ed course. Everyone immediately asked "But what about .22 ammo?"

The guy giving the lecture just shook his head and said "Yeah, I know."
I mean you could make the same argument for nearly any pistol load with the carbines out there. You can buy a hi-point 9mm carbine for about 300 bucks and shoot 9mn pistol rounds from a rifle all day.