New Jersey Assembly Committee Passes Gun Ban! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

New Jersey Assembly Committee Passes Gun Ban!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 03:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Nothing in recent history compares to the carnage of the Civil War Battlefields...
I have to respectfully disagree with you there RL although the weapon of choice wasn't guns but fire , I think the carnage from WWII soldiers who had flame throwers used on them or in Nam where Napalm was dropped has to rival anything including the dropping of THE Bomb on Japan , just on a smaller scale .

As far as all out carnage I think the D-Day invasion has to be the worst in history followed closely by the taking of Iwo Jima .

Old 06-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with you there RL although the weapon of choice wasn't guns but fire , I think the carnage from WWII soldiers who had flame throwers used on them or in Nam where Napalm was dropped has to rival anything including the dropping of THE Bomb on Japan , just on a smaller scale .

As far as all out carnage I think the D-Day invasion has to be the worst in history followed closely by the taking of Iwo Jima .

What I was referring to was the kinds of injuries suffered and the shear volumes of casualties. In one civil war battle over 50,000 people died within 8 hours. That's almost the total KIA figure from the entire Vietnam war! In that same battle, which took place in an eastern hardwood forest, after the battle there were hardly any trees standing - and this was accomplished with black powder and lead balls...additionally, even the slightest wounds, by today's standards, almost always required amputation due to the bone damage incurred as a result of the slow moving lead projectiles. Technology has made killing large quantities of people easier, but medical advances and advances in small arms have made survival rates better.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"