Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > new gun law question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I think the problem is, whether dem or rep, most of them are only there for their own personal agenda. I think we need to get rid of the career politician and get statesmen back in those seats that actually care about the people.

As for the new law....who knows. There's a lot of rumors and speculation out there and it's scaring the crap out of people. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as we're expecting. But I'm a half full glass kind of guy!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:20 PM   #22

Liked 305 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 486

The antis will do anything to gut the 2nd amendment, legal or illegal. We have to fight them tooth and nail on any proposals that they make!

Old 01-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
The antis will do anything to gut the 2nd amendment, legal or illegal. We have to fight them tooth and nail on any proposals that they make!
Thats why we have the NRA. I have 100 percent confidence that they'll fight to the bitter end on this. Its what they're best at and no other lobby in the US has support of private membership and industry the way they do. Its why they have all da monies. Spread the word and keep the faith.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Cattledog; 01-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #24

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
I've heard that grandfathering will be allowed but you must pay a $200 tax to register your firearm and you cannot transfer it to anyone...upon your death the rifle must be destroyed..but who knows what will really happen
Where in the wide world of sporting goods did you hear that

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #25

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Where in the wide world of sporting goods did you hear that
It's excerpted from Feinstein's proposed AWB legislation.

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2013010631704/us/politics/feinstein-comprehensive-gun-ban-bill-coming-january-22.html
Quote:
Requires owners of existing "assault weapons" to register them with the federal government under the National Firearms Act (NFA).

The NFA imposes a $200 transfer tax per firearm, and requires an owner to submit photographs and fingerprints to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE), to inform the BATFE of the address where the firearm will be kept, and to obtain the BATFE's permission to transport the firearm across state
lines.

Prohibits the transfer of "assault weapons.

"Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein's new bill, "assault weapons" would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the
government.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 316 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
$200 PER FIREARM???.....what the %$#^ is that !?! My gawd...that would pinch me for sure but, then again....I think I sold all mine last week (wink).

Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #27

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

Bottom line is that there are no new gun laws in front of the full House or Senate. Executive Orders are limited to enforcing existing laws. So if you see one it will likely relate to background checks.

Last edited by mboylan; 01-14-2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: ...

Old 01-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #28

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I can't remember if I saw it on this group, or another, but someone made the comment that the different 3 letter agencies might change regulations. Like one enviornmental group might say something to the affect that you can't use lead bullets and another group might say you can ONLY use lead bullets.

Who knows what backdoors they might try to accomplish what they want.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #29

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
It's excerpted from Feinstein's proposed AWB legislation.

"Owners of other firearms, including those covered by the NFA, are permitted to sell them or pass them to heirs. However, under Feinstein's new bill, "assault weapons" would remain with their current owners until their deaths, at which point they would be forfeited to the
government.

Don't think i'll worry much about that one makin it to the final cut

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET