Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > new gun law question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed-Citizen
will Grandfathering be affected?
example: can they do something to the rifles that were grandfathered before the ban?
overall can they affect grandfathering by taking away a rifle thats banned even though it was grandfathered?
can they do that or put such a law?
I've heard that grandfathering will be allowed but you must pay a $200 tax to register your firearm and you cannot transfer it to anyone...upon your death the rifle must be destroyed..but who knows what will really happen

Marlin Model 60
Mossberg Maverick 88-12 GA
Mosin Nagant 91/30
Stag Model 2
Smith And Wesson M&P 15-22
Mossberg ATR 100 "Night Train"-.308
Chinese T53 Mosin Nagant X2

Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNARG View Post
I've heard that grandfathering will be allowed but you must pay a $200 tax to register your firearm and you cannot transfer it to anyone...upon your death the rifle must be destroyed..but who knows what will really happen
Whoaaa...do you know if that is $200 per firearm?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Technically no laws can be made retroactively but who knows at this point. If you pass a law that is fundamentally unconstitutional do you really care how many clauses it violates? Sorta defines this entire argument, if you are willing to kill someone do you really care if the gun used is a banned weapon?
They pass retroactive bills all the time. Tax laws are the most commonly retroactive laws. Can they? In short, yes. Will the people accept this? Not likely. A court injunction would hold it up if they tried, and you can bet your ass the NRA would be on that like stink on ****. So, if you haven't already, join the NRA and help fight for the cause!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19834 Times on 11259 Posts
Likes Given: 49979

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
They pass retroactive bills all the time. Tax laws are the most commonly retroactive laws. Can they? In short, yes. Will the people accept this? Not likely. A court injunction would hold it up if they tried, and you can bet your ass the NRA would be on that like stink on ****. So, if you haven't already, join the NRA and help fight for the cause!
^^^^100%^^^^ this!

want to change the course of things? then join the NRA or any gun owners rights group. sheer numbers are what politicians look at. and strength in numbers and showing the opposition that we are united in our beliefs of our Constitutional rights and freedoms is what will turn the issues.

IMO, i believe we are moving forward rather than backward, even in light of some of the recent violent events that have happened. membership in the NRA is up, gun sales are crazy, more and more people are signing up for CC classes and permits.

i think the presidents statements after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting about more gun control has had just the opposite effect that he wanted. less seem to want more gun control and bans, because i think they are finally realizing that it just doesn't work and it never has. i think they are realizing that gun contol laws and restriction only punish the LAC and not the criminals. people are getting fed up with being victims and are taking steps to ensure their safety.

these are strictly my opinions and observations based on what i am seeing and hearing on the news.
People Like This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #15

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
If Obama issues illegal executive orders that is grounds for impeachment. FDR got away with issuing illegal executive orders because congress was on board with him. Our current congress would love to impeach Obama. Even some Democrats would be on board with impeaching Obama for killing the momentum the Democratic party has built up in the past few years. His current actions are ensuring a republican landslide in the next election. When it comes to the second amendment Americans will vote single issue. The Republican party would be dead by now if the Democrats would leave the second amendment alone.
Get ready to bash me. I am a lifelong democrat. Of sorts. I would be known as a Reagan democrat.

I can tell you one thing for sure. Never again will I ever vote democrat. Period.

Neither party represents my views, that said, they all keep picking clowns to run.

Never again. Done. They have shifted so far left I am through.

Bash time I'm sure.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #16

Liked 61 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

^^^^100%^^^^ this!

want to change the course of things? then join the NRA or any gun owners rights group. sheer numbers are what politicians look at. and strength in numbers and showing the opposition that we are united in our beliefs of our Constitutional rights and freedoms is what will turn the issues.

IMO, i believe we are moving forward rather than backward, even in light of some of the recent violent events that have happened. membership in the NRA is up, gun sales are crazy, more and more people are signing up for CC classes and permits.

i think the presidents statements after the Sandy Hook elementary school shooting about more gun control has had just the opposite effect that he wanted. less seem to want more gun control and bans, because i think they are finally realizing that it just doesn't work and it never has. i think they are realizing that gun contol laws and restriction only punish the LAC and not the criminals. people are getting fed up with being victims and are taking steps to ensure their safety.

these are strictly my opinions and observations based on what i am seeing and hearing on the news.
Joined two, also signed my wife up.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post
Get ready to bash me. I am a lifelong democrat. Of sorts. I would be known as a Reagan democrat.

I can tell you one thing for sure. Never again will I ever vote democrat. Period.

Neither party represents my views, that said, they all keep picking clowns to run.

Bash time I'm sure.
Nothing you said is bash-worthy, actually we are very tolerant around here of opposing opinions, besides I think most around here would agree with your sentiments.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #18

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Agreed, the two party system is a circus of either for or against, either gay marriage or abortion.
If i thought my nether regions were the most important things guiding the country, I would have a dog in this fight.
Debt, wars, spending, drug laws, etc (and with Romney, the second amendment) seem to have the same results no matter if the D or R is running the show. So not to derail the thread charlesmar, just wanted to say I agree with you.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19834 Times on 11259 Posts
Likes Given: 49979

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmar View Post

Bash time I'm sure.
i agree with JPyle. nothing you said warrants anyone beating up your position. i think we agree on the issue that our gun rights are under attack and that's why many of us are here on the forum in the first place.

big thumbs up for joining the NRA to you and your wife!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Sometimes I get so depressed with the direction our country is heading, I want to emigrate to some desert island and bury my head in the sand. Yet I know that wouldn't help. It would only help all of the ( insert favorite derogatory adjective here ) to destroy what I believe in. So I keep plugging away, doing what I can.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This