Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New 'Gun Control' Legislation in the 113th Congressional Session

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Exclamation New 'Gun Control' Legislation in the 113th Congressional Session

Something is going on in America and I'm not sure what, but here are some clues.

The first two items are videos followed by Official Pending Legislation just introduced into the 113th Congressional session and ending with a surprising statement telling us that America is not what we thought it to be.

To express your opinions to your elected officials, you can call, e-mail, write a letter, or if a specific bill number is listed, sign on to www.popvox.com (if you do not have an account you will have to create one). Via PopVox you have the option to Support or Oppose the proposed legislation. If you choose, you may state your opinion regarding the legislation. The opinion you enter will go into a central database which enables a graphic representation of the number of respondents and the % of Support or Opposition for the legislation.

For one item from Gun Owners of America - you can call your Senators or use the 'Take Action' feature in the website to e-mail your Senators.

The last item is for your consideration and information. End point: They have been lying to us all our lives!
----

Numbered Items in the Red are bad for America and specifically law-abiding gun owners.

The one item in yellow is actually good for America.

-----

1. National Guard Units On Alert - (No official word as to why they are being called up)

http://www.wlos.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wlos_national-guard-units-alert-10109.shtml#.UOhM4flCBGM.facebook (short)

2. Insider: Obama To Fully Engage Gun Owners with Armed Feds in 2013 - (hearsay) (Long Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pBy0Qs-2pk&list=PL11uU9PsXB_Q9z5eyw4RIH9f3TKIGHcue&index= 6

3. Whether the Semi-Auto Ban Passes May Depend on What Happens to the Senate Rules - McCain may be working to stab us in the back -

http://gunowners.org/a01042013.htm

4. Obama Wants To Be King of America:

H.J.Res. 15: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Introduced:Jan 04, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013–2015)Sponsor:Rep. José Serrano [D-NY15]Status: Referred to Committee

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hjres15

5. Washington needs to pass gun laws that will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and other prohibited purchasers and keep military-style weapons and high-capacity magazines off of our streets. To do this, they should pass laws that will:
1. Require criminal background checks for ALL gun sales, including private sales.
2. Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
3. Make gun trafficking a federal crime.
(Proposed by: Mayors Against Illegal Guns.)

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x101

6. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) is working on a new version of the federal Assault Weapons Ban, a law she helped write in 1994 and has been trying to revive since it expired in 2004. The legislation, which will be introduced in 2013, proposes a ban on assault weapons and large ammunition magazines, strips and drums that hold more than 10 rounds -- but would grandfather in weapons and magazines purchased legally before the new law takes effect. The bill would stop the sale of more than 100 assault weapons, but exempt more than 900 specific hunting and sporting weapons, according to Sen. Feinstein.

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/x102

6. H.R. 138: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr138

7. H.R. 141: To require criminal background checks on all firearms transactions occurring at gun shows.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr141

8. H.R. 133: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act. (The only thing good in the bunch).

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr133

9. H.R. 142: To require face to face purchases of ammunition, to require licensing of ammunition dealers, and to require ...
...to require reporting regarding bulk purchases of ammunition.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr142

10. The United States Isn't a Country— It's a Corporation!

http://www.serendipity.li/jsmill/us_corporation.htm

NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
In God We (I) Trust

Last edited by american121; 01-06-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: corr
Wiebelhaus Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Man I don't know what it is but something doesn't seem right. It seems like everything is happening so fast! Hopefully you guys are doing something good about it because being a 17 year old my voice doesn't matter and my family isn't standing by me.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Smile Most People are infected with Normalcy Bias, but not You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
Man I don't know what it is but something doesn't seem right. It seems like everything is happening so fast! Hopefully you guys are doing something good about it because being a 17 year old my voice doesn't matter and my family isn't standing by me.
Well, at least I would like to thank you for having your head screwed on correctly. Just do what I am doing and that is - trying to get the word out.

Some will listen and take action and the majority will turn their back because they are eaten up with Normalcy Bias (
).

You are not infected, so carry your head high and just try to get the message out, the best you can.

NRA Life Member
Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member
In God We (I) Trust

Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 AM   #4

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I agree something isn't feeling very good at all ! And for some reason for past month have felt nervous about things and trust me i'm not the nervous type at all ! But it's just a weird feeling of something very wrong is about to happen.

Today I tol dmy neighbor to start planting veggies in his huge garden he said I don't want to so I said can I plant veggies he said go for it. So I am planting veggies asap. And as far as meat goes well we have plenty of fish and hogs, and other critters for food. Wonder if you need a hunting tag for a gator during SHTF lol.

All I can say is I love our country and I will fight for our rights and protect all my brother and sister usa citizens. but I will not sit and get attacked by communist ! NO WAY !

Old 01-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I love my country but fear my government. I fear that I do not know. I fear of what I know. I fear of tomorrow. My generation will be in the history books either because we lost and collapsed to tyranny or fought it and won. Me being inclined to history I see we are removing the bricks of utopia. People are slowly waking up, I fear its too late.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury
I'm the same age and in the same position. It sucks.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #7

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunnerfury View Post
I love my country but fear my government. I fear that I do not know. I fear of what I know. I fear of tomorrow. My generation will be in the history books either because we lost and collapsed to tyranny or fought it and won. Me being inclined to history I see we are removing the bricks of utopia. People are slowly waking up, I fear its too late.
So very true ! I honestly feel bad for you "SMART YOUNG PEOPLE" because many of the people you know and I'm sure will agree are so zombiefied with their cell phones, and pot, and many other useless things and just don't see what reality is. It's so very sad. Life is a ladder and you have up times and down times currently my personal life is on a up time and society is on a down time. and when my life was down and i had no money and work sucked society was rolling in money !

Just be strong , wise, open eyed & eared and observe the ones around you and the ones who want to control you! And do your responses properly and legally there is never any disgrace in just walking away and ignoring a bad or stupid person "i've done it many times"
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #8

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts

It's a sad, sad time in our country when we find out these United States of America is a corporation instead of a republic. For some it is making sense for the first time in their life because we were taught that Congress works for us. Now the truth is coming out they DO NOT work for us, they could care less what we think and our well being. Yes, they will talk to us with rose colored glasses about what should be done, but yet they know once they are back in Washington, it is back to the same B.S. known as Business as Usual.

This is My Opinion:

If the road we're on will not change, and if we do nothing to force change, we as free citizens will get screwed and we will be under Martial Law with no rights whatsoever. When this happens, there is GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS.

GOOD NEWS is we will be under house arrest and will not be allowed out of our house. However, we MAY get lucky to go to the store for groceries, and MAYBE gasoline for use but this may be pushing it. BAD NEWS is there is a possibility that all citizens will be sent to concentration camps.

What Can We Do?

We need to stand up as one and vote these bastards out of office. Before the next election, we need to remind ourselves of every legislation, every new bill, and every vote they make. If we disapprove of their actions, we need to put all of our energy behind the ones who have OUR best interest. I hate to say it, but Ron Paul was our best and only chance in the last election. If what we are reading is true, and Jesse Ventura plans on running in 2016, we citizens need to get behind him and do our best to get him elected. If others decide to join in his battle and run for office, they need our backing as well. We will need as many of them that is humanly possible to be elected and turn this debacle of a corporation back to a republic that our Founding Fathers envisioned this country to be.

Guys, the time is running out and we need to decide on what is best for our families. Do we just keep to ourselves and let our country continue on the path of corruption, or do we stand up and fight? You can bet your sweet arse that I will not go down without a fight.

May God be with all of us through the next four years.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #9

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

I feel it to, something isn't right, something is coming and I think soon, just be as ready as you can, and try to help friends and family be ready, some people will think your nuts, but oh well I would rather be nuts and prepared, than sane and in a lot of s&$#.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1242 Times on 719 Posts
Likes Given: 1874

The part about McCain helping "Whorehouse Harry" Reid with his agenda just helps show McCain's true colors. He is a Democrat at heart, but runs on the Republican ticket because he knows he wouldn't get elected if he ran on the Demo ticket.