New gun control bill - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New gun control bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Pulled from another website:

McCarthy Magazine bill, did not see the link anywhere. So here it is:

http://carolynmccarthy.house.gov/uploads/mccarthy-magazine_bill.pdf
Awesome. Finally, something in print, something solid.

It won't pass, but it's a good example of how these people work.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #42
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6186 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 447

my god, this is one reallllly dumb woman. i bet she doesnt even realize just how idiotic she is.

Quote:
It is a sad fact of reality that we will never be able to prevent every instance of gun violence. We also will not
be able to keep these large capacity magazines out of the hands of every criminal who would use them. This
reality, however, does not make our efforts irrelevant. Instead, it makes our efforts even more vital.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #43

Liked 1247 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
my god, this is one reallllly dumb woman. i bet she doesnt even realize just how idiotic she is.
I disagree with her but she is not idiotic. Part of her message states
Quote:
The legislation that I will be introducing will prohibit the transfer, importation, or possession of high capacity
magazines manufactured after the bill is enacted. Many of these devices exist currently and it would be
impractical and unwise to attempt to ban their possession – criminalizing individuals who purchased the device
legally. Instead, the bill will prohibit the transfer of those devices currently in existence. This allows
individuals who currently own the devices to legally retain possession but works to prevent the spread of the
devices by making it illegal to transfer them to another individual.
That's very smart on her part. She is not going all out and trying to ban guns, just slowly swinging the pendulum in the direction she wants. It greatly improves her chances of success. Not many will put up a big fight over what will seem to most Americans as at most a minor inconvenience for target shooters.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson