Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New CA gun bills...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Don't know too much about these but it sounds like the one that will mostly effect me is the one regarding the bullet button...
(If passed) It will make all bullet button semi autos illegal...
If this is passed, does this mean I have to turn in my rifle? Or just that I have to register it?
And if I'm still legally allowed to own it, should I stock up on a few lowers? That way I can legally build them later and legally own them with bullet buttons (since they will be purchased before the ban...)?
Thanks

Also, what are the chances this stuff will get passed? I know that's an impossible question to answer, but how is it looking so far?

Last edited by icallshotgun88; 08-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7363 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 9480

I am not quite sure what we would be required to do. Some people are preparing for it by getting paper saying they have sold their "bullet button" guns out of state, and then going underground and keeping the guns here. Some people are just keeping their guns and getting rid of the bullet button. Both of these would be crimes though so they are not recommended. It is too early to say at this point and quite honestly I have not been able to find any definitive answers myself.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Looking at the history of California my educated guess would be....
Y'all are screwed. Lmfao

I don't need No stinking signature.

bigjim Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3662 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallshotgun88
Don't know too much about these but it sounds like the one that will mostly effect me is the one regarding the bullet button...
(If passed) It will make all bullet button semi autos illegal...
If this is passed, does this mean I have to turn in my rifle? Or just that I have to register it?
And if I'm still legally allowed to own it, should I stock up on a few lowers? That way I can legally build them later and legally own them with bullet buttons (since they will be purchased before the ban...)?
Thanks

Also, what are the chances this stuff will get passed? I know that's an impossible question to answer, but how is it looking so far?
I personally would never "turn in" my guns. I'd ship them to relatives out of state before I did that.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #5

Liked 189 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 153

`My opinion on California, gets worse and worse every day. The people in Egypt have more back bone than you guys. Where are the massive marches of the 1960's & 70's.

The gay's can march, the anti war fraction can march, the students can march, so what's your problem, you can't let Sacramento know how you feel. I would expect to see torch lit parades or candles at the very least parading past the capital building to tell the legislature how you feel. The peasants need to put shoe leather to the pavement and gain media recognition to be heard.

Driving around in your BMW's and drinking pina colada's is not going to get the job done.

There does not seem to be any back bones in California since John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Charles Heston passed away.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 08-27-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
`My opinion on California, gets worse and worse every day. The people in Egypt have more back bone than you guys. Where are the massive marches of the 1960's & 70's.

The gay's can march, the anti war fraction can march, the students can march, so what's your problem, you can't let Sacramento know how you feel. I would expect to see torch lit parades or candles at the very least parading past the capital building to tell the legislature how you feel. The peasants need to put shoe leather to the pavement and gain media recognition to be heard.

Driving around in your BMW's and drinking pina colada's is not going to get the job done.

There does not seem to be any back bones in California since John Wayne, Ronald Reagan and Charles Heston passed away.

Jim
This is how I see California and It's ilk.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3662 Times on 2271 Posts
Likes Given: 1223

Parading around and demonstrating will only get us so far. The Liberals have a super majority in both houses of the State Legislature over here. The governor is a Democrat so even if he WERE to veto something the legislature could overturn it.

I have only been living here about a year and half, and I don't and will never consider myself a Kalifornian.

But there doesn't seem to be any hope. CalGuns did a massive push against the newest bills, and I know I personally wrote those bastards in Sacramento a couple times. What can we do? The state has been taken and it doesn't appear possible to get it back.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1433 Times on 786 Posts
Likes Given: 309

Being a firearms enthusiast and living in California seem like mutually exclusive activities.

I fear the whole country will go this direction as more of the hip 'progressive thinking' gets pounded down people's throats via media and public education (aka government schools)

Old 08-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1414 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 2894

Default California Legislature ready to gut 2nd Amendment

FYI! Just plain sick!

http://www.halfwaytoconcord.com/california-legislature-ready-to-gut-2nd-amendment/

On Friday, August 30th, the Assembly Appropriations Committee will be holding a series of historic votes on gun rights in California. In essence, the Legislature controlled by Democrats is about to define then ban most handguns, clips, magazines, and rifles as assault weapons; and require registration for and of ammo. Additional registration and additional taxes will be required to maintain possession of grandfathered weapons; some banned altogether.

Currently the following bills are in this committee suspense file due to the excessive cost of MILLIONS of dollars for implementation being imposed on YOU and the other citizens of California.

Senate Bill 47(Yee) would ban the use of the “bullet button” on semi-automatic rifles to comply with current law and classify firearms with “bullet buttons” as ”assault weapons” and ban their future sale/transfer. Continued legal possession by YOU would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL of your semi-autos with “bullet buttons.”

Senate Bill 53(DeLeon) would require Californians to obtain a permit BEFORE purchasing ammunition, require a background check before every future ammunition purchase and require registration of ALL ammunition that you purchase.

Senate Bill 374(Steinberg) would ban the future sale/transfer and classify ALL semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine or holding more than ten rounds of ammunition as “assault weapons.” Continued legal possession would require that you REGISTER and pay a FEE (TAX) on ALL your semi-autos newly classified as “assault weapons.”

Senate Bill 396(Hancock) would ban the possession of ALL magazines over ten rounds, including the millions of “grandfathered” standard capacity magazines currently legally possessed by Californians.

It is essential that you voice your opposition to these nonsensical bills that would only affect and punish law-abiding citizens. Please contact AssemblySpeaker John Perez TOMORROW and ask him to keep ALL anti-gun bills in Assembly Appropriations suspense file and NOT move them to the Assembly floor for a vote.

Speaker of the Assembly John Perez
Phone: (916) 319-2053
Fax: (916) 319-2153
Email: speaker.perez@assembly.ca.gov

In addition, please urge your family, friends, fellow sportsmen, gun owners and Second Amendment supporters throughout California to contact Assembly Speaker Perez and tell him to keep all anti-gun legislation in the Assembly Appropriations suspense file and not move this legislation to the Assembly floor for a vote.

Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=78604449572
Twitter: http://twitter.com/EastBayTeaParty

Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #10
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 736 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Parading around and demonstrating will only get us so far. The Liberals have a super majority in both houses of the State Legislature over here. The governor is a Democrat so even if he WERE to veto something the legislature could overturn it.

I have only been living here about a year and half, and I don't and will never consider myself a Kalifornian.

But there doesn't seem to be any hope. CalGuns did a massive push against the newest bills, and I know I personally wrote those bastards in Sacramento a couple times. What can we do? The state has been taken and it doesn't appear possible to get it back.
Do not comply and prepare to defend the Constitution.