Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > New anti gun bill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default New anti gun bill

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5383952

There is little information on this bill being proposed to congress right now but as I find out anything I will post it. All I known right now is it calls for a national registration and licensing to even have a firearm.

Blair's Bill

Congressman Rush, who lost his own son to gun violence, says the proposed licensing program is similar to way get licenses are given to drivers. Guns would be part of national registry.

"Blair's Bill will implement an nationwide program of licensing," Rush said. "Blair's Bill will assist law enforcement in tracking the flow of guns and require those who possess them to be trained in gun safety."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The Bill number is H.R.2666, there is still no details on it other then what I have posted so far.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

It never ends. I think at this point the only hope for the RKBA is a SCOTUS ruling that upholds the Second Ammendment as an individual right. The D.C case can provide the precident for that, and I hope somebody takes it there soon. If not a Dem in the White House in 08, and a Dem controlled congress will destroy whats left of our right to bear arms.

I think its time to put the pressure on the NRA to do something useful with the money we give them, and petition a court case.