Need to transport an MP15MOE
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Need to transport an MP15MOE

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need to transport an MP15MOE

I am a Rhode Island resident and don't have any paperwork or license to be in possession of this rifle. The owner currently lives in Louisiana and I need to get it back too him.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this legally? I'm assuming it's not possible seeing as I don't even legally possess it. So far I'm thinking my only options are to hop in the car and drive for 48 hours or bury the thing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2240 Times on 1219 Posts
Likes Given: 3465

You need to clam up.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Down da Bayou

Easy enough, but who is going to pay the bill. Two license dealers one in RI. one in La. Or just meet each other half way and make sure you check state laws before crossing state lines. Good luck, and be Safe!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
You need to clam up.
That's what I was thinking. But I wasn't going to say it. I would not be willing to give any advise on illegal actions. Even saying shut up is giving advice.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Weeell, you can now relax since you've posted this in the open forum!

Take it apart and ship the non-gun parts UPS. Find an FFL to ship the rest.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #6

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

After posting this on an internet forum, I would seek legal counsel.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxninjabynightxx View Post
I am a Rhode Island resident and don't have any paperwork or license to be in possession of this rifle. The owner currently lives in Louisiana and I need to get it back too him.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do this legally? I'm assuming it's not possible seeing as I don't even legally possess it. So far I'm thinking my only options are to hop in the car and drive for 48 hours or bury the thing.
The first thing you might do is make sure you need to ask this question at all. Based on what I've read, Rhode Island does not require a permit, registration or license for either a long gun or handgun. (You do need a permit to carry a handgun in RI, apparently.)

In light of this, call around to some gun stores and ask if they can act as an FFL to ship the rifle to your friend in LA. They will need to ship it to an FFL in LA, so have your friend nail one down and send you the name and shipping address. Expect to pay between $20-$50 for the FFL service on top of shipping costs.

Closed Thread