Need Some Legal Advice On Changing State Of Residence - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Need Some Legal Advice On Changing State Of Residence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9061 Times on 4909 Posts
Likes Given: 8913

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
DOT in wyoming told me I can't (could have just been that guys view though)... I've read the firearm has to be unloaded and locked up (bs imo)... .

What he meant was the firearm must be locked in a container and ammo locked in a separate container......in order for the federal firearms owner's protection act.....
to protect you from state and local laws.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11913 Times on 5153 Posts
Likes Given: 1964

Quote:
can they really over-ride my 2nd amendment???
They can over-ride a lot of things.

The Constitution says "Congress shall make no law..."

This ain't Congress- it is your employer.

You have freedom of speech. Stand up in a company meeting, state that the manager is an idiot, that your cat could do a better job of running things, and you think he is ugly. Find out they have a right to fire you.

BTW, remember if you change the state of residence, you need to change your CDL- and you can only have ONE CDL.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
What he meant was the firearm must be locked in a container and ammo locked in a separate container......in order for the federal firearms owner's protection act.....
to protect you from state and local laws.
That was two different instances, WY DOT said no period.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
They can over-ride a lot of things.

The Constitution says "Congress shall make no law..."

This ain't Congress- it is your employer.

You have freedom of speech. Stand up in a company meeting, state that the manager is an idiot, that your cat could do a better job of running things, and you think he is ugly. Find out they have a right to fire you.

BTW, remember if you change the state of residence, you need to change your CDL- and you can only have ONE CDL.
Yes I know about 1 CDL but IF I were to take a firearm with me breaking company policy and there was an incident were I had to shoot someone God forbid, would I be up on criminal charges for not obeying my company policy?!? It's a company policy not the law. I would be OK with getting fired to protect myself but I don't want to break the law.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Last edited by ryevick; 01-24-2013 at 11:57 PM.