Need some help in WA State
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Need some help in WA State

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Need some help in WA State

Hard to believe ..but need help on how do we get the word out. WA State has two bills on the table - up for vote this fall...I591 and I594..two very different gun bills.

I591 leaves WA gun laws AS IS - its whole purpose
I594 craps on our rights
It extends background checks to ALL SALES and TRANSFERS through an FFL..so no more private sales. If you want to sell a gun, you must deliver it to a dealer, they check it in as inventory, do the background check on the buyer and complete the transaction. For a fee of course. 10 day extended check.

Anyway, how do we get the word out...seems the local poll shows I594 ahead by a pretty good margin ? Thoughts ?

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

MisterMcCool Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2014, 01:41 AM   #2

Liked 66 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Don't worry, the Wild Dog's here. I've got a loud bark that goes far and wide.

Woof Woof Dirtbag!!!

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-16-2014, 03:26 AM   #3
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7152 Times on 3916 Posts
Likes Given: 14495

I wonder how many people will vote for both

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant_one View Post
Hard to believe ..but need help on how do we get the word out. WA State has two bills on the table - up for vote this fall...I591 and I594..two very different gun bills.

I591 leaves WA gun laws AS IS - its whole purpose
I594 craps on our rights
It extends background checks to ALL SALES and TRANSFERS through an FFL..so no more private sales. If you want to sell a gun, you must deliver it to a dealer, they check it in as inventory, do the background check on the buyer and complete the transaction. For a fee of course. 10 day extended check.

Anyway, how do we get the word out...seems the local poll shows I594 ahead by a pretty good margin ? Thoughts ?
call or email your local and state politicians and voice your concerns, and let them know where you and other responsible gun owners stand.

find local and state gun forums and get the message out to other gun owners about these bills.

join a local or state gun rights group in your state. call or email them on your concerns abut these bills. let them know where you stand.

talk to other gun owners in your area about these bills. get them to do the same. to call or email their local and state politicians.

the more people who are made aware of these bills the better. the more people contacting their local and state politicians, and voicing their concerns the better.

Old 07-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
Don't worry, the Wild Dog's here. I've got a loud bark that goes far and wide.
i am pretty sure most here have determined that you are all bark and no bite by now!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Remind me to throw this in for Thursday...which is being devoted to Anti Gun laws current and past,...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-16-2014, 02:12 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Actions - Thnaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
call or email your local and state politicians and voice your concerns, and let them know where you and other responsible gun owners stand. DONE

find local and state gun forums and get the message out to other gun owners about these bills. DONE

join a local or state gun rights group in your state. call or email them on your concerns abut these bills. let them know where you stand. WILL DO

talk to other gun owners in your area about these bills. get them to do the same. to call or email their local and state politicians. HAVE TRIED

the more people who are made aware of these bills the better. the more people contacting their local and state politicians, and voicing their concerns the better. VERY TRUE
Its been an uphill battle. The Senators send me form letters back. The Congresswoman at least backs us...to a point....

When I talk to gun owners, they seem shy, lazy, like I am asking them to sign off on machine gun carry...Too many sheep.

I have already lost a few friends on facebook who may have been neutral but all it took was a few pro-gun (tame) posts and poof...I am a gun nut....sheesh. My own sister "What's with the gun crap"...

It is also an uphill battle in the media...I have said this before...the anti's throw up pictures and news of shootings...what do we throw out there ? Look, I didn't shoot anyone today...LOL

There needs to be a solid media campaign demonstrating just how important guns rights are, more attention to self-defense situations that saved the day...

But I will keep plugging...

Oh and Doc...don't forget to add it to the Podcast....

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-16-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5740 Times on 3249 Posts
Likes Given: 5179

Sorry to say this, my friend, but I fear that Washington and Oregon, like Colorado, have already been completely "KALIFORNICATED."

.They would rather be dopers than gun owners

Winston Churchill