Need Some Help Here! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Need Some Help Here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8274 Times on 4781 Posts
Likes Given: 10701

Sorry for taking so long to get back to y'all. We did a rangs day with karim, and I did take video. So far I have only gotten two of the clips uploaded to Youtube (they are below- the longe one with the GP100 took over 90 minutes to upload! I will try to get the others uploaded today from the library where they have a faster connection).

I did not take any video of his first shots as I was focusing on teaching him about the guns and making sure everything was safe, as a result the camera was forgotten. I'm cool with that. I did get some good footage though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA23jS71yDg&feature=youtu.be

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #32

Here's the other one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kcb56Vunlw&feature=youtu.be

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-30-2013, 04:22 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 660 Times on 403 Posts
Likes Given: 3680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Nice jump on the first shot, but was looking better.

Keep up the good work!!

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Nice jump on the first shot, but was looking better.

Keep up the good work!!
You should have seen him jump on the very first centerfire shots that I didn't get on video. And these were very light .38 special reloads that we made just for beginning shooters! We started him out on the Ruger Single Six .22 LR.

Quote:

Old 08-30-2013, 06:32 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
You should have seen him jump on the very first centerfire shots that I didn't get on video. And these were very light .38 special reloads that we made just for beginning shooters! We started him out on the Ruger Single Six .22 LR.
Probably jumped just like I did the first time I ever shot.

Has his views changed?

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Probably jumped just like I did the first time I ever shot.

Has his views changed?
They are evolving. He is interested in getting a hunting license now. He is still for gun control, and that will take some time to change his mind. Fortunately he is not a voter yet, so I do have some time. We did spend the afternoon barbecuing lunch at another friend's house and the 4 of us (my two sons, our friend and I) pretty much gave him the water-board treatment as to why we need to exercise our 2A rights.

One of his more outrageous past claims was that gun owners are at a much higher risk of becoming murderers than non gun owners. The boys and I addressed that pretty well, saying that even if killing people was legal none of us would ever think of killing anybody. Our buddy Bill was the dissenting opinion on that saying enthusiastically "OH! I have a LIST of people!!!! But I would give them notice and challenge them to a duel. If they didn't accept the challenge I would shoot them the next chance I got!".... Ummmm. Seriously Bill? That's not helping. But it was pretty funny to hear, at least for me and the boys.

Quote:
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
They are evolving. He is interested in getting a hunting license now. He is still for gun control, and that will take some time to change his mind. Fortunately he is not a voter yet, so I do have some time. We did spend the afternoon barbecuing lunch at another friend's house and the 4 of us (my two sons, our friend and I) pretty much gave him the water-board treatment as to why we need to exercise our 2A rights.

One of his more outrageous past claims was that gun owners are at a much higher risk of becoming murderers than non gun owners. The boys and I addressed that pretty well, saying that even if killing people was legal none of us would ever think of killing anybody. Our buddy Bill was the dissenting opinion on that saying enthusiastically "OH! I have a LIST of people!!!! But I would give them notice and challenge them to a duel. If they didn't accept the challenge I would shoot them the next chance I got!".... Ummmm. Seriously Bill? That's not helping. But it was pretty funny to hear, at least for me and the boys.
You friend Bill sounds like a few friends I have (though they don't have guns).

I'm with him on the duel part, but I'd rather swords.

It's good that Karim's views are evolving. Keep him involved, and I'm sure that you'll be able to break through and get him to see logic.

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8855 Times on 3835 Posts
Likes Given: 1382

Bill has several historical precedents in his thinking of "having a list".

Ko-ko, from The Mikado-

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list — I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed — who never would be missed!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #39

Bill is the most entertaining friend I have ever had. he holds nothing back, speaks with passion about the subjects that he has an opinion on, and he has an opinion on absolutely everything. He also swears like a drunken sailor while still remaining totally articulate. When I first started bringing my sons to his place I would warn them "Bill swears a lot. We are going to his home. He can say anything he wants to, but that doesn't mean I expect you to use the same language."

That was several years ago, and he boys, now 16 and 17, get high entertainment from him. Its like I imagine it would be hanging out with Shakespeare. There are no dull moments at Bill's house. The other day when we were there with Karim, I cannot count the number of times when both of the boys would be suppressing a belly laugh from something Bill said or did, and these boys are serious introverts who do not like to show any outward signs of emotion (much like many teens).

One time Bill and I were headed up north together for a conference and we stopped at a small nearly deserted bistro/restaurant and ordered some sandwiches. Bill spotted a piano in the corner and asked if it was OK if he played. The gal behind the counter shrugged and gave a shrug. Bill started ripping out a bunch of Jazz tunes and just having a ball, by the time the sandwiches were ready several people had come in off the street to see who was playing this wonderful music. I took the bag with our lunch in it and he got up and we left, to some small applause and a guy went to put a tip in the tip jar on the piano, Bill took it and put it in the counter tip jar.

His wife said that this was exactly how they toured Europe, with Bill spontaneously taking the stage in any given place and winning the crowd. That's just how he rolls.

Anyhow, he is a great friend. That reminds me, I have to give him a call.

Quote:
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #40

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Those with PhD's Doctorates or other fancy degrees do not keep this country afloat nor are necessary at a base level for society. As far as human survival they only create luxuries. We need less lawyers and more tradespeople. Tell him he is an elitist snob and should get is head out of his arse!

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.