You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Need advice about whether this is a legit move or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thematador View Post
Just wondering do you think it would be ok to call up my local state police barrack or court to confirm?
I think we would all be surprised to discover how limited is the legal knowledge of our well-intentioned law enforcement agencies. In some areas of the law, particularly gun ownership and carrying limitations, police officers just are not the experts that one might assume they should be.

I am not dissing LE, just suggesting that getting legal advice from law enforcement is just a smidge better than getting it here.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 191 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 16

As Chris states, some info from the webs will not be up to par. I typically chastise people for placing their legal well being in the hands of some random stranger with a keyboard and dialup connection.

Police definitely aren't the glossary of legal information that we expect them to be. I've met officers that didn't know their duty weapon was a Glock 22. They only knew glock. 40 Cal. Many officers are ignorant to the spectrum of the law.

Serious questions are better answered by city/county /state attorneys. It is their job to know the law.

But I tell you without any doubt, the information I've given you pertinent to this discussion is 100% accurate.