Need advice about whether this is a legit move or not? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Need advice about whether this is a legit move or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thematador View Post
Just wondering do you think it would be ok to call up my local state police barrack or court to confirm?
I think we would all be surprised to discover how limited is the legal knowledge of our well-intentioned law enforcement agencies. In some areas of the law, particularly gun ownership and carrying limitations, police officers just are not the experts that one might assume they should be.

I am not dissing LE, just suggesting that getting legal advice from law enforcement is just a smidge better than getting it here.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

As Chris states, some info from the webs will not be up to par. I typically chastise people for placing their legal well being in the hands of some random stranger with a keyboard and dialup connection.

Police definitely aren't the glossary of legal information that we expect them to be. I've met officers that didn't know their duty weapon was a Glock 22. They only knew glock. 40 Cal. Many officers are ignorant to the spectrum of the law.

Serious questions are better answered by city/county /state attorneys. It is their job to know the law.

But I tell you without any doubt, the information I've given you pertinent to this discussion is 100% accurate.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?