As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The people of NC need to change their elected officals and the law

Old 09-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #22

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I certainly don't agree with the suspension of rights, and a SOE can trigger looting and lawlessness, however. Given the choice, I for one will not stray far from home during an emergency. I also don't want to be a legal test case for the suspension. IF you get caught CCW, you will spend some time in jail and will be spending your money on bail and defense costs even if you win. I would think during a SOE, LEO'S would not be spending their time searching vehicles for weapons though? During a declared emergency I'm not going to be going to the laundry mat, grocery shopping or visiting friends. Other than the destruction of my home, I can't think of a reason to immediately leave, other than a family emergency. Thoughts?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #23

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
It's illegal either way, you just don't get punished if you don't get caught.
That just about sums it up.

Opaww, things definitely NEED change in the state of North Carolina! - but I wouldn't say it is much worse than New Jersey, OR New York, OR Illinois but anti gun propaganda, needs out!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #24

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
That just about sums it up.

Opaww, things definitely NEED change in the state of North Carolina! - but I wouldn't say it is much worse than New Jersey, OR New York, OR Illinois but anti gun propaganda, needs out!
I agree, and CA for that matter

Old 09-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #25

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Ignore the SOE.

So your armed in violation of the SOE restriction. So what?

How does anyone else know this unless your forced to use your sidearm? Any of us unlucky enough to be forced to shoot is going to endure a ton of legal ramifications whether there's an SOE restriction at the time or not. In my view, my safety is more important than 1 more potential legal issue should I be forced to fire.

TACK

Old 09-07-2011, 12:30 AM   #26

Liked 1564 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Any time someone poses a "doomsday senario" and follows it up by asking for donations to help fight the evil, my Bullshirt Meter registers in the red zone.

If the post is correct, I would take a chance on a misdemeanor to defend myself, no questions. I do my best to not let anyone see that I am carrying concealed anyway. If some gung-ho cop, with xray vision, wants to haul me in for such crap, I would just have to go to jail. With BS laws juries aren't really interested in sending folks to jail anyway.

I live in Florida, and we still have a law on the books that makes it illegal to live with someone of the opposite sex, that you are not married to. (cohabitation law) I don't worry about that one either.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan