As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Gov. must of read Ray Nagen's book. "How to make the folks most uncomfortable during a disaster".

If I remember correctly Ray went door to door confiscating firearms from the law abiding citizen during the Katrina disaster. This seemed like an open door welfare policy to me. You know kinda like rob from those that worked hard for what they have and not get caught while the city is in total chaos.

Big government at work, you gotta love it.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ooops, I guess I was a law breaker.

Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 AM   #13

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
So you're supposed to just leave your guns at home somewhere? So they can be damaged, lost or stolen? You can't transport your firearms to safety with the rest of your valuables?

That's extreme bull****.
If Federal law governs the transport of firearms the NC Gov's order should be invalid in that regard, carry is a state issue...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

That is amazing. I was under the impression that NC was one of the Pro Gun states. Get out and vote!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #15

Liked 219 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Good luck in November getting rid of this idiocy. Or move to AZ, no hurricanes, and we have Constitutional Carry.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by safedman View Post
In a time when there would be no cop within 100 miles of you. You are unarmed by the people that you pay their wage.
Of course, it is the governments position that everyone is a criminal until proven innocent. If they disarm everyone then all the criminals are now disarmed...

Owner, operator, sales manager, and only salesman for:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
and I also sweep out the place.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
A trial buy jury? I don't know about you, but I don't have the sort of money to buy myself a jury.

This is an interesting tidbit though. I wonder how many states have this sort of a provision. I don't think Texas has this in any law, but one never knows for sure til the time comes.
Arizona has no such provision for disarming citizens. THANK GOD.

Holy crackers...did I just bring one back from the dead? Sorry all.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post

Holy crackers...did I just bring one back from the dead? Sorry all.
Common sense is not so common.
Reminders of this fact can be beneficial.

Be Well.

Old 09-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #19

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Ya know its only illegal if you get caught, I generally don't agree with breaking the law but if it involves my life I'm going to keep my weapon on me.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #20

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
Ya know its only illegal if you get caught, I generally don't agree with breaking the law but if it involves my life I'm going to keep my weapon on me.
It's illegal either way, you just don't get punished if you don't get caught.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson