Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/nc-declars-state-emergency-they-remove-right-carry-gun-off-your-own-p-31256/)

safedman 09-02-2010 10:29 PM

As NC declars State of Emergency they remove the right to carry a gun off your own p

GRNC Alert 09-01-10: Gov. Perdue's Order Suspends Rights of NC Gun Owners

:mad:

spittinfire 09-02-2010 10:31 PM

This is big on the conservative talk radio here in NC today. Seems that when ever a SOE is called, I lose my right to CC.

safedman 09-02-2010 11:08 PM

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.....

In a time when there would be no cop within 100 miles of you. You are unarmed by the people that you pay their wage.

Murfdog 09-02-2010 11:23 PM

I would take my chances and not worry about that stupid law.If they arrest you,just say you want a trial buy jury.I hope most of your fellow NCers would find you not guilty.Just my .02 cents.Thank God I live in Texas.

Murfdog

dunerunner 09-02-2010 11:25 PM

Typical!! Like puting up a billboard "State of Emergency, Come Rob Us!!"

robocop10mm 09-02-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murfdog (Post 343533)
I would take my chances and not worry about that stupid law.If they arrest you,just say you want a trial buy jury.I hope most of your fellow NCers would find you not guilty.Just my .02 cents.Thank God I live in Texas.

Murfdog

A trial buy jury? I don't know about you, but I don't have the sort of money to buy myself a jury.:rolleyes:

This is an interesting tidbit though. I wonder how many states have this sort of a provision. I don't think Texas has this in any law, but one never knows for sure til the time comes.

CA357 09-02-2010 11:42 PM

So you're supposed to just leave your guns at home somewhere? So they can be damaged, lost or stolen? You can't transport your firearms to safety with the rest of your valuables?

That's extreme bull****.

Murfdog 09-02-2010 11:53 PM

Boy you guys and gals don't miss a thing (BY)sorry LOL.
Again I'll take my chances let someone try and take um!

Murfdog

spittinfire 09-02-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 343541)
So you're supposed to just leave your guns at home somewhere? So they can be damaged, lost or stolen? You can't transport your firearms to safety with the rest of your valuables?

That's extreme bull****.

That was a big argument a lot of people were making. Also, guns are an investment, shouldn't I be able to protect my investment and take it with me??
I'm in an area that is affected so I'm still armed.

CA357 09-03-2010 12:01 AM

So they take a sledgehammer to the Second Amendment once again.

"... shall not be infringed." Of course, it's all negotiable. :mad: