National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011 - Page 7

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5007 Times on 2428 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Perhaps I'm missing something?

How would this law be any different from the current system where all States recognize drivers licenses issued by any State?

I'm not aware of any additional Federal offices or funding needed to monitor State's complying with the need to recognize other States DL's.

IMHO you've got your head in the sand if you don't believe there is already an illegal Federal database on not only gun owners but CCW/CHL holders as well.

I see the value of CCW not in the ability to CCW because I'd do that with or without the license. The value is the ability to do it "without fear" of legal ramification. HR 822 should simply expand that right from one's home state to the entire nation and remove the need for multiple licenses in multiple states.

I do think that legally, any State's department of Tourism could make the claim that this is needed to ensure travelers safety while crossing state lines and back it up with the Constitutions commerce clause.

TACK

Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Perhaps I'm missing something?

How would this law be any different from the current system where all States recognize drivers licenses issued by any State?

I'm not aware of any additional Federal offices or funding needed to monitor State's complying with the need to recognize other States DL's.

TACK
Where was there Legislative approval for all states recognizing drivers licenses from other states? This was done on a state by state basis as the various states began issuing drivers license. Also the states have uniform driving regulations.

Yet the Feds want to regulate gun permits. Then what is going to be done in states that have different rules or not allowed? Some laws that Feds allow is not honored some states. So why would Federal legislation be needed?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #63

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
Where was there Legislative approval for all states recognizing drivers licenses from other states? This was done on a state by state basis as the various states began issuing drivers license. Also the states have uniform driving regulations.

Yet the Feds want to regulate gun permits. Then what is going to be done in states that have different rules or not allowed? Some laws that Feds allow is not honored some states. So why would Federal legislation be needed?
Let's take your logic one step further.

Vietnam caused @60,000 death over @ 15 years.

Protest groups went ape, and protested

vigorously to end the conflict.

Cars cause @60,000 deaths a year.

Yet, you don't see any protest groups standing around

loudly chanting "STOP THE CARS!!", do you?

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #64

Quote:
You haven't actually read the bill, have you?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #65

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

The second amendment is my national carry permit.

We shouldn't need the clowns in DC to pass yet another law regarding our inalienable rights.
We just need to make them respect our liberty and freedom.

In fact,I believe that having to carry a government permission slip to carry a gun does not the excersize of a right make; but rather the administration of a privilege.

We shouldn't have to be in fear of a police state that demands we carry "hall passes" to excersize our inalienable rights.

"Does the government fear us? Or do we fear the government? When the people fear the government, tyranny has found victory. The federal government is our servant, not our master!"
-Thomas Jefferson

Seriously.
Do I have to have a state and/or federal permission slip to practice the religion of my choice,or to speak my mind now?

And what would Americans do if that were the case?

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law."
-Henry David Thoreau

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."

-Thomas Jefferson

And I'm always suspicious of the government when it claims to be "giving us something".
Thats always been the pre-cursor to them taking more away.

We need more "constitutional carry",not more expansion of the CCW permission slip system.

Government should be respecting our inalienable rights,not "reasonably regulating" them like the high school hall monitor.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 09-30-2011 at 05:28 AM.