National right to carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > National right to carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

Default HR822 vote tally

Just for the record... here are the official recorded votes;
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011
My rep (the 'honorable" David Price D-NC) voted "no".... it could be worse though, I could live in Massachusetts, or California, or Maryland....

In the meantime, it's time to email/call your Senate rep!!
LONG LIVE THE REPUBIC BY, FOR & OF THE PEOPLE!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

With the elections coming 'round the bend this issue
just might make a whole lot of 'strange bedfellows.'

Old 11-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11490

What if this is a step in the direction of CC nationwide? I sympathize with the people in unrestricted states as this will impose restrictions where there are none today, but even with those restrictions you are far freer than we are in highly restrictive states. I know man of you look at CA as the red-headed step-child of the US in many ways but how many of those of you would like to see that change? Wouldn't that make this country more collectively free than if it were to remain as it is? If there were a nationwide unrestricted carry law that allowed all qualified citizens to carry concealed it would be better for the nation. Wouldn't it?

Here in CA it is up to the individual County Sheriff as to how they want to handle CCW. Counties in NorCal are shall-issue while counties in the greater SF Bay Area tend to be non-issue (certainly Santa Clara County is non-issue). How messed up is that? Personally I am all for something that would change this situation.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have been blessed to have moved to a county in CA where I was issued my CCW. I believe that this State and all States should be "shall issue" not "may issue". It shouldn't even be a point of discussion, the Second Amendment covers it. Unfettered gun ownership and carry should be the law of the Land.

My concern with a "National" right to carry is that the Feds will screw it up. I firmly believe that it will be used as a revenue tool. I also believe that it will become a form of National registry and used against us. If there's a way to turn good intention into evil, the Feds will do it. Not "may do it", will do it.

Sadly, our government is so completely out of control in so many ways that we may never be able to rein it in. That's why the next election is crucial to our Nations continued existence as a "free" Country. I believe that we've gone way past the tipping point, but not wanting to fire the first shots in anger is the only thing that has kept a revolution from starting.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Just for the record... here are the official recorded votes;
GovTrack: House Vote On Passage: H.R. 822: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011
My rep (the 'honorable" David Price D-NC) voted "no".... it could be worse though, I could live in Massachusetts, or California, or Maryland....

In the meantime, it's time to email/call your Senate rep!!
LONG LIVE THE REPUBIC BY, FOR & OF THE PEOPLE!!!
ofcourse most of the commies in new york voted no. lol
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #26

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

You know what really gets me about the whole concealed carry movement?

And now this national carry law?

Is that congress and government as a whole have taken the inalienable right to keep and bear arms and turned it into a government permission scheme.

We don't need these "new laws".
What we need,is the REPEAL of all the "gun control" laws that violate the Second Amendment,as well as a clear understanding that the 2A IS THE LAW,and further,as per the Supremacy Clause declaring the CONSTITUTION TO BE THE HIGHEST LAW,that the 2A TRUMPS STATE LAWS.

We should really understand that while the First Amendment talks about how "congress shall make no law",the Second Amendment says quite clearly that IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

How is it possibly anything short of an Orwellian achievement for government to take a law that clearly demands it not infringe on something,allow the government to THEN do JUST THAT,and then when people get sick of it and "want their rights respected",placate them by "allowing" them to "excersize" what by definition has been turned from a right into a GOVERNMENT ADMINISTERED PRIVILEGE.

Why should we be content with this?

Why should we let them GET AWAY WITH IT?!?!

Our Founding Generation fought a revolution,and then the Founding Fathers,representatives of that generation wrote a Constitution,so that ALL of our NATURAL,INALIENABLE rights were to be respected in their entirety by the government they created- no ifs,ands,or buts.

And now we are happy when government wants to give us permission slips to excersize our rights?

We don't need their stinking permission to excersize our God Given Inalienable Rights.We just need to MAKE THEM OBEY THE LAW.

"Rights come from GOD not the state. You have rights antecedent to any earthly governments rights that can not be repealed or restrained by human laws. Rights derived from the great legislator: God."
-John Adams

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."-Thomas Jefferson

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Somebody grab a fire extinguisher and have fire-ems stand by...I KNOW I am about to get flamed here....

First, let me say that I am totally PRO carry. Totally PRO 2A. Totally PRO reciprocity, though my permit is good under HR218 LEOSA anyway...but I feel yours shold be too.

Now for the BUT and pre-flame....

What about state's rights?

If a state, by vote of it's people, and by "people" I mean their elected prepresentatives do not want to grant reciprocity...what gives the fedgod the right to trample further upon the rights of that state?????

I mean we all talk on this site about state's rights, and the fed pissing on those rights...though this IS to our advantage...is it not the same thing?

Flame away....

Old 11-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #28

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLawman View Post
Somebody grab a fire extinguisher and have fire-ems stand by...I KNOW I am about to get flamed here....

First, let me say that I am totally PRO carry. Totally PRO 2A. Totally PRO reciprocity, though my permit is good under HR218 LEOSA anyway...but I feel yours shold be too.

Now for the BUT and pre-flame....

What about state's rights?

If a state, by vote of it's people, and by "people" I mean their elected prepresentatives do not want to grant reciprocity...what gives the fedgod the right to trample further upon the rights of that state?????

I mean we all talk on this site about state's rights, and the fed pissing on those rights...though this IS to our advantage...is it not the same thing?

Flame away....
I understand what you are getting at and that being said , the issue of state rights can not override the Bill Of Rights. Each and every American is covered by the bill of rights and as long as no state dumps on it then the feds. have no right to dump on state rights. This is not a flame of you just pointing something out.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
I understand what you are getting at and that being said , the issue of state rights can not override the Bill Of Rights. Each and every American is covered by the bill of rights and as long as no state dumps on it then the feds. have no right to dump on state rights. This is not a flame of you just pointing something out.
I agree that the 2A is ALL the "permit" as the affirmation of our absolute right to carry...I was just playing devil's advocate. It IS an argument libtards will pull out of their asses.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #30

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I was watching "Freedom Watch" with Judge Napolitano last night and the had one of the Congressman who voted for the right to carry bill. The Congressman said an iceberg has a better chance on Miami Beach than for Obama to sign this. He said Obama has a strong anti-gun record from Chicago.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP