Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > national reciprococity

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default national reciprococity

House Vote Coming Soon on CCW Reciprocity Bill - Gun Owners Of America

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

What are the chances it will pass the Senate?

And are there any repercussions for insane states like New York that make it difficult, expensive and time-consuming to get a permit? Probably not, but one can hope.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

I really dont like the idea of CCW getting into the hands of the fed...IMHO it should remain a state thing.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:16 PM   #4

I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand I don't like the idea of the Feds being involved in just about anything. On the other hand I believe that part the requirements of a state to be part of the United States is that it should abide by the Constitution. States that don't allow citizens of the US to carry firearms are violating that contract. Basically, they should abide by it or leave. I believe any permit at all is a violation of the Constitution but that's a fight for another time I think.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have mixed feelings as well. The Feds shouldn't have anything to do with it, it is a State's rights issue. However, neither the State or the Fed should have any say whatsoever in the first place. The Second Amendment should override them both.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I have mixed feelings as well. The Feds shouldn't have anything to do with it, it is a State's rights issue. However, neither the State or the Fed should have any say whatsoever in the first place. The Second Amendment should override them both.
I agree, of course. But until 2A is formally incorporated (again) against the states and the issue of state permits is forced, this will continue. While I would like to see all requirements for permits abolished, at least demanding reciprocity as they do driver's licenses makes sense.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #7

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

GOA brings up some valid concerns

House Vote Coming Soon on CCW Reciprocity Bill - Gun Owners Of America

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:34 AM   #8

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

The gun issue, much like the repeal of Obama Care, isn't going anywhere until you get a Republican takeover of the Senate, and a Republican President. Remember, you would still have the Assault Weapons Ban if the Republicans had not captured control of the House and Senate. In 2004 they never let it come up for a vote. If the Democrats had been in charge it would have. Then it would have been permanent.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
at least demanding reciprocity as they do driver's licenses makes sense.
Do they do that with driver's licenses? Can't remember where but it seems like I heard somewhere that that was not a Federal thing, just cooperation between the states. I could be wrong though.

Old 11-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #10

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcreek View Post
Do they do that with driver's licenses? Can't remember where but it seems like I heard somewhere that that was not a Federal thing, just cooperation between the states. I could be wrong though.
It's in the 14th Amendment. A state has to recognize another state's issued documents i.e. Birth Cert, drivers license, Marriage License etc. But of course they have found away around a Concealed Carry Permit.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.