Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > National Association for Gun Rights

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rodmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, Texas,TEXAS
Posts: 32
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default National Association for Gun Rights

Watch the vidieo and let them know how you feel.

National Association for Gun Rights

__________________
Now is the time for ALL MEN to come to aid of their country. Protect the freedom for ALL!!
ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL!

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
Life member: NRA, GOA, VVA, Front Sight Firearm Training
Rodmaker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 02-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

This part really bothers me:

"And after you've completed the survey, please make an emergency contribution of $50 or more to the National Association for Gun Rights."

It sounds like a hustle to pry fifty bucks out of the gun owning community.

We have GOA, NRA, JPFO and other organizations as well as our own vigilance. Those guys won't see a dime of my money.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
"And after you've completed the survey, please make an emergency contribution of $50 or more to the National Association for Gun Rights."

It sounds like a hustle to pry fifty bucks out of the gun owning community.
+1.

This pissed me off big-time. Before you ask for my money, how 'bout you tell me what, exactly, specifically, you need it for?
__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rodmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, Texas,TEXAS
Posts: 32
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
This part really bothers me:

"And after you've completed the survey, please make an emergency contribution of $50 or more to the National Association for Gun Rights."

It sounds like a hustle to pry fifty bucks out of the gun owning community.

We have GOA, NRA, JPFO and other organizations as well as our own vigilance. Those guys won't see a dime of my money.
Here is a link that will give you a little more info about Dudley Brown.
About Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
__________________
Now is the time for ALL MEN to come to aid of their country. Protect the freedom for ALL!!
ALL GAVE SOME AND SOME GAVE ALL!

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
Life member: NRA, GOA, VVA, Front Sight Firearm Training
Rodmaker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bigcountry02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southwest
Posts: 6,141
Liked 1771 Times on 1009 Posts
Likes Given: 3540

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
+1.

This pissed me off big-time. Before you ask for my money, how 'bout you tell me what, exactly, specifically, you need it for?
I did not fill in the survey, listened to the video, knew what H.R. 45 is about.

You are correct, scam to take away money from our hard earned pockets for political gain!
__________________
Bigcountry02 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 4,192
Liked 1974 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 2937

Default

Someone saw a chance to make some pocket change. It's all a scam by a wannabe organization. Pi$$ on Dudley Brown, congressman Broun and the NAGR.

__________________
alsaqr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 1,657
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I had never heard of NAGR until a few weeks ago when I started receiving weekly emails from them. Although I agree with some of their tenets, I can't get behind some of the "strong-arm" tactics that seem to be their wont. In fact, a couple of emails were almost what I consider radical in terms of their content and that's not what gun owners need. What we need is calm, intelligent responses to the gun grabbers. Radical, in-your-face attitudes only end up in giving the gun grabbers more examples of "those crazy gun owners'" and that's not something I wish to support.

__________________
AcidFlashGordon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
PoofNoEyebrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Clemente,California
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I had never heard of NAGR until a few weeks ago when I started receiving weekly emails from them. Although I agree with some of their tenets, I can't get behind some of the "strong-arm" tactics that seem to be their wont. In fact, a couple of emails were almost what I consider radical in terms of their content and that's not what gun owners need. What we need is calm, intelligent responses to the gun grabbers. Radical, in-your-face attitudes only end up in giving the gun grabbers more examples of "those crazy gun owners'" and that's not something I wish to support.
+1
I think you hit the round right on the primer with that.
__________________

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. "" - Benjamin Franklin

PoofNoEyebrows is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 1,657
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoofNoEyebrows View Post
+1
I think you hit the round right on the primer with that.
Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone. They may think that I think and then they'll want to make me a lead tech uprange.


Oh, what the hell. With all the guns I've bought in the last year, I'm on someone's list anyway......
__________________
AcidFlashGordon is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Sabre219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
Default NAGR is the real deal

NAGR is not a "wannabe" gun rights organization. They are the real deal. I'm a proud member of NAGR. Unlike the NRA, NAGR does not compromise in the fight against gun control. NAGR tells it like it is so that they can raise the necessary resources to fight gun control.

@alsaqr: You really should provide us with proof when making such a serious allegation.

Sabre219

__________________

Last edited by Sabre219; 07-09-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Sabre219 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Rights v. Property Rights funkylizard Politics, Religion and Controversy 30 03-09-2012 11:44 AM
State Rights vs. Federal Rights, opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-31-2009 08:47 PM
National Police? freefall Politics, Religion and Controversy 18 09-09-2008 10:42 AM
Illinois State Rifle Association has already filed a lawsuit -Chicago Gun Ban tracker Legal and Activism 5 06-27-2008 08:03 PM
National Exercise Your Rights Day pioneer461 Politics, Religion and Controversy 3 08-22-2007 07:24 PM



Newest Threads