N.J. lawmaker vows to tighten state's gun laws
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > N.J. lawmaker vows to tighten state's gun laws

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default N.J. lawmaker vows to tighten state's gun laws

Wow, as if it weren't bad enough already in New Jersey. Needless to say, this is NOT something we need.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/12/nj_lawmaker_vows_to_tighten_st.html

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #2

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i think the only way the can titen up the gun laws in nj is to start hanging prople who have ilegal guns

Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 AM   #3

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

We already do that for murder. Does it work? Commit a violent crime, rape/murder/robbery/great bodily harm and you get life behind bars. We'd have enough room if this so called war on drugs wasn't waged. That's a whole other topic though.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:27 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Wow, as if it weren't bad enough already in New Jersey. Needless to say, this is NOT something we need.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/12/nj_lawmaker_vows_to_tighten_st.html
Cryan and Codey are grandstanding a-holes and if Crispy Cream supports this measure he is done politically.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 01-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 604

They need to address the mental health problems not guns. Of course that might mean some politicians would get committed. Classify "Control Freak" as a mental illness. IMHO An unnatural fear of an inanimate object should be considered a mental illness.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am who I am and your approval is not needed.

drvsafe Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 AM   #6

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Every time I hear crap like this, I think to myself, how nice it would be to own my own country. Then I get to thinking what laws my country would have... Then I find myself wanting my own country modeled exactly on the constitution...

Then I get really mad at scumbags who are in MY country and want to dump on MY rules.

Edit to rant...

This is MY country, scumbags... Get it? MINE. It's MINE, because I have the right to live anywhere in the world I want, but I don't. I don't because I love the constitution as written. MY country has laws I like.
YOU do not like this country's laws. YOU do not like a weak federal government. YOU do not like citizens being armed. YOU do not like states rights.
But, just like me, you also have the right to leave... But you refuse. You stay, and subvert the laws of MY country... In order to turn it into YOUR country.

YOU are no longer welcome in this country. You are treasonous, and anti-constitutional.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

AWDeanSr Likes This 
Old 01-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #7

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Ron Paul drug nonsense aside, I had a friend who moved to NJ and defended their anti-gun laws. And this was a lifelong friend I got a universal 12 ga. Mossberg 500 w/C-Lect Choke barrel for as his first gun, mostly for hunting, back-in-the-day as a gift from his fiance when we were still teenagers I 'spose. The myopic dum dum is in my Will -- he can have any modern cartridge gun from my collection that is legal to hunt deer with in suburban New Jersey. LOL

If he's smart enough to pay for an appraisal he'll pull the original Parker Bros. Trap shotgun. That means he'll take a WingMaster...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-04-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #8

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

How true Mosin. I've always told friends/family if you don't like guns move to China, Europe, etc...

Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

My son and his lady - professional EMTs - have been told to expect a "waiting period" of up to five months for their NJFOIC. And these folks have already been "background checked" multiple times ! >MW

Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright
My son and his lady - professional EMTs - have been told to expect a "waiting period" of up to five months for their NJFOIC. And these folks have already been "background checked" multiple times ! >MW
That is simply insane but then again it's better than them telling you 30 days and having to wait 5 months anyway. I only hope that my pistol purchase permit doesn't take as long as that. My town is usually back logged by about an additional 30 days for FPID cards. I hope that can be kept the most minimal additional time.

In what county of NJ did they apply?
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56